Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Ford F100 Ranger Pickup

Thanks David!  I think I may be getting that old modelers affliction, Modelers Attention Deficit Disorder!  I start on a project and I see something else down the pike and I want to build it right away.  It is very hard to control, but I am trying. :o   

Same here, I have at least a half-dozen serious WIPs.  In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with working on multiple projects if that's what keeps you going.  I like the variety, and the renewed sense of enthusiasm when I set one aside and pick up another to gain some yardage on it.  The F100 is looking good, Mike.  Watching this is making it hard not to crack mine open and have yet another WIP on the bench!

Edited by Kromolly

Thanks Roy! Enthusiasm is great to have, but when someone else builds a model that you also have in the stash or you see something online that inspires to get that kit out and work on it, you got to started on yours as well.  That seems to happen to me lately and It is difficult to control!  

The Story

The old man walks out of his house and he opens the gate, walks through it and closes the gate behind him.  He has on an old t-shirt, pants with a grease spot around his pockets, dirty white sneakers with velcro straps, an old cardigan sweater, a plaid flat cap on his head and a pair of glasses with thick frames.  He walks down to the local convenience store to buy his evening paper and he is walking at a slow pace.  At the store he buys his paper, folds it and sticks in his back pocket and walks back home past old houses, some abandoned and some old garages and warehouse-like buildings.  He approaches an old house with overgrown bushes in front and a young man jumps out and he tries to strangle and club the old man who flips the young attacker over his shoulder and he starts beating on the young man with blows to the face. 

Cops come running out of the shadows and up the street as the old man turns the young man over and he handcuffs his attacker.  The cops take custody of the attacker as the old man takes off his cap and glasses and it is McNally.  He was working uncover with the Police and they all suspected that the attacker would come out again in this area and McNally wanted to draw him out. 

The Build

Some foiling done on the Ranger XLTafter I added a few more pieces to the engine compartment.  My foil is old so I used some Micro Metal Foil Adhesive.  I added the decals, some of which broke as I removed them from the backing paper.

McNally will return...

Ranger46.JPG

Ranger47.JPG

Ranger49.JPG

Edited by mrmike

The Story

With the suspect handcuffed and placed in the back seat of a Police cruiser, McNally is driven by one of the detectives back to the old house where this adventure began.  He changes his clothes back to his usual pants and t-shirt.  He gets into his car after he puts on his shoulder holster and his gun and a shirt to cover the holster and gun and he drives down to Boston Police Headquarters to give his statement to detectives.  Inside Headquarters he gets his Visitors Badge and he goes up to the Detective Squad and he gives his statement to Sgt. Det. Alonzo.  The statement includes everything from when he left the old house in Brighton to the arrest of the suspect. 

The Build

I finished the foiling of the body and did a mockup to check my progress.  The cab still has a warp to it and I hope that when the cab is glued to the frame, the warp will go away. 

McNally will return...

Ranger50.JPG

Ranger51.JPG

Ranger52.JPG