Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth T800 Quad Axel Dump Truck

Sucks to hear your having paint issues , we've all run into these from time to time.  I chatted w Gary Wallace about this issue a few times when I was having adhesion problems.  He recommended scrubbing w Ajax or comet and water then rinsing off . I use duplicolor primer first, but occasionally still paint will act up 

Good luck,  we know you'll overcome it ! 

10 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian nice progress on this build. Best of luck with getting your paint to stay on. Let us know what you find that works. I’ve had the same problem before. 

9 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Sucks to hear your having paint issues , we've all run into these from time to time.  I chatted w Gary Wallace about this issue a few times when I was having adhesion problems.  He recommended scrubbing w Ajax or comet and water then rinsing off . I use duplicolor primer first, but occasionally still paint will act up 

Good luck,  we know you'll overcome it ! 

Thanks guys! After the hood seemed to get a little soft in Bleachwhite, I wasn’t sure how the cab was going to do in Purple Power. I used that instead of Super Clean since I understand that Super Clean is stronger. It removed the paint pretty well without harming the resin at all after about a 5 hour soak. I used a toothbrush and Comet to clean the cab and then used self etching automotive primer. That solved 99% of the problems. There were only a couple of very small fish eyes this go round. Interestingly I used the same color primer and the same can of paint and it seems that it came out a slightly different shade than the hood that I painted two days ago. But here it is. We will see what color the breathers and the bed turn out.

9C78DFCA-A543-45E7-BC16-D3DC83AB44FE.jpeg.3b8e072e8aa4f5477fe238a41cc52575.jpeg

22 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Oh, Wow!!! I'm loving this, Dude... I'm going to have to try my hand at one of these... This thing looks amazing, already... Glad you got the paint thing sorted out... Beautiful...

Thanks JT!! Here is another dose of orange. This time around went a little better.

A53C0662-E212-4803-8705-E0AB857F37C7.jpeg.87d4ffc19efe87517c48428619a0804c.jpeg

On 10/29/2020 at 7:30 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Thanks guys!!

I have a small amount of progress. Power is going to be provided by a M-11 Cummins. The rears suspension is rubber block. I extended the Revell W900 wrecker frame. The front suspension is from GW.

Where will you source it?

Brian,

You have a great looking project going on here .  I think JT orange is the bomb along with it is one of my personal favorite colors as well .

The detail work on the interior looks good from here. Will be watching to see how this one finished out !

Be Well

Gator

• 2 weeks later...