Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
DRIPTROIT 71

Kenworth T800 Quad Axel Dump Truck

Recommended Posts

Couple of questions...

Are you using the AMT cab?

Does Gary Wallace have a website?  I have an older T-800 conversion from a different company,  but I could really use that cab piece to cover up the sunroof and walk through. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Couple of questions...

Are you using the AMT cab?

Does Gary Wallace have a website?  I have an older T-800 conversion from a different company,  but I could really use that cab piece to cover up the sunroof and walk through. 

Thanks!

This cab came with the kit. I didn’t buy this directly from Gary. Thank bought it off of EBay. Every time that I have bought directly from Gary the service was excellent though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I actually got back to this one today. Plumbed a few lines and all the wheels are attached now.

6BC6681A-C23B-4FC5-A0C3-868DC6EB56BC.jpeg.62c3c030f2a1e8abbd63342a2fecc0ee.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The engine detail ans weathering look amazing. That sure is a lot of orange. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

The engine detail ans weathering look amazing. That sure is a lot of orange. ?

Thanks Sam!!

The cab is finally attached. I think that the engine is done.

32F60817-7806-4B3E-B36D-61AAE1B48526.jpeg.6ca987012f9a648051706e65c920062c.jpeg
 

A8B12CC1-DBF5-4563-AA6C-D2EB1E6F4D47.jpeg.60b619b2fc33ec0bd18676e1f0ca8940.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian looks like someone started up your engine. Excellent details!

Thanks Dan! But, I hope nobody starts it until I fill it up with oil.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian that looks ?  really well done mixing the dusty frame w glossy exterior that owner takes pride in his fleet  ! 

There's a local paving company fleet i see coming home from work, their trucks haul the nastiest oily  blacktop, yet the trucks always look brand new . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Brian that looks ?  really well done mixing the dusty frame w glossy exterior that owner takes pride in his fleet  ! 

There's a local paving company fleet i see coming home from work, their trucks haul the nastiest oily  blacktop, yet the trucks always look brand new . 

Thanks Jeff! No matter how much you clean the outside, a working dump truck will often have a stained frame and some dirt from n it. I’m going to try to put some asphalt stains around the tailgate.

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian you have really pulled this one together for a excellent build. It looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it Underglass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian you have really pulled this one together for a excellent build. It looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it Underglass. 

Thanks Dan! It is Under Glass now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...