Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back to the 80's (aka the Bodacious Billet Build-off)

Mr. Metallic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be joining this later in the year with a Buttera /Corno roadster that is well underway but I have a bunch of other projects that must get finished first.  In the meantime, love Jackson's Tudor - that's two Perth guys in the same thread.  World domination will be ours!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton

• 5 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, tim boyd said:

For those that haven't already seen the recently posted finished cars that share a bit of blame for this new community build thread (smile), here are a few...

1.  Just completed project started back in 1989 and first covered in the mag in 1990....

DSC 0999

DSC 1057

2.  Another magazine project that (according to Dennis Lacy) inspired him to post images of his (now 2) new builds in the 1980's/early 1990's idiom (you can see them in the Light Truck WIP section of the forum)... 

DSC 0404

3.  A John Buttera-style '29A Highboy, first constructed and mostly finished by Chuck Helppie, who then gave it to me to finish up with a different paint job and final details....

DSC 0379

4.  A smoothy-style '29A pickup, inspired by a Thom Taylor image in Street Rodder mag, finished around 1985 or so....

DSC 0534

Will be following this thread and very much looking forward to what you all come up with!  Best....TIM 

NIce looking models.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, Jordan White said:

I would like to get more done on mine, but we moved back in June to a fixer upper house so I have had no time to build models, much less even set up my desk!

I hear ya there. We bought a new house last February, and it was a good 4-6 months before I had a space I could build in. Between getting settled, carving out a space, and other activities it took awhile.