Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM SUBSCRIPTIONS UPDATE 10/29/2020 - PLEASE READ!

We've gotten quite a few inquiries about subscriptions since we announced the reboot of MCM some time ago. I'd like to take this opportunity to answer all the outstanding subscription questions.

1. EXISTING SUBSCRIPTIONS
Those of you who have a subscription to MCM still in force (in other words, if there are issues left on your subscription) will receive the new magazine going forward.

Gregg has informed me that you can check the status of your own subscription. The mailing label on your last delivered issue (on the bag the magazine came in) will show the issue number of your last subscription issue. Please note we go by issue number, not cover date. For example, if you bought a one year subscription and your first delivered issue was #201, then the label will show your final issue (if not renewed) would be #206.

Direct Inquiries to Gregg regarding subscription status may result in a delay at this time. Any questions regarding subscriptions should be sent to subscribe@modelcarsmag.com.

2. NEW AND RENEWAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
After careful consideration, there will be no change to the subscription rates until January 2021. The current rates are as follows:

USA DOMESTIC SUBSCRIPTION RATES
One year (6 issues) - $30.00 USD
Two years (12 issues) - $50.00 USD
Three years (18 issues) - $75.00 USD

FOREIGN (OUTSIDE OF USA) SUBSCRIPTION RATES
One Year Foreign (6 issues) - $55.00 USD
Two Years Foreign (12 issuies) - $95.00 USD

Subscriptions can be purchased online at https://www.modelcarsmag.com/subscribe/ using a credit card or PayPal.
Those wishing to purchase their subs with checks or money orders may mail those, along with their mailing information, to:
Model Cars Magazine, LLC
P.O. Box 161179
Honolulu, HI 96816

3. DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS/DOWNLOADS
We are aware of a desire for digital subscriptions to MCM. We are in process of arranging such, and these will be offered some time in the near future. When such become available, we will announce them here on our Forums.

Thats about it for now, friends. Thanks for keeping the faith with us!

Thanks Larry. It's great to see that overseas subscriptions are available, and on that basis I've just subscribed - looking forward to receiving my first issue!

I've been reading your columns since the Car Modeller days, so I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Edited by maltsr

13 hours ago, maltsr said:

Thanks Larry. It's great to see that overseas subscriptions are available, and on that basis I've just subscribed - looking forward to receiving my first issue!

I've been reading your columns since the Car Modeller days, so I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I'm pretty excited about the new MCM.  We've got a fabulous team in place that loves the magazine, loves the model hobby, and is determined to bring back the spirit of the original Scale Auto Enthusiast magazine.  It will only get better and better as we go forward, and I'm basing that on the great work the team has done so far.

As for me, look for expanded kit reviews, some major articles of interest, and some meaty features on replica stock automobiles.  And that's just for starters!

Best regards,

19 hours ago, larrygre said:
We've gotten quite a few inquiries about subscriptions since we announced the reboot of MCM some time ago. I'd like to take this opportunity to answer all the outstanding subscription questions.

1. EXISTING SUBSCRIPTIONS
Those of you who have a subscription to MCM still in force (in other words, if there are issues left on your subscription) will receive the new magazine going forward.

Gregg has informed me that you can check the status of your own subscription. The mailing label on your last delivered issue (on the bag the magazine came in) will show the issue number of your last subscription issue. Please note we go by issue number, not cover date. For example, if you bought a one year subscription and your first delivered issue was #201, then the label will show your final issue (if not renewed) would be #206.

Direct Inquiries to Gregg regarding subscription status may result in a delay at this time. Any questions regarding subscriptions should be sent to subscribe@modelcarsmag.com.

2. NEW AND RENEWAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
After careful consideration, there will be no change to the subscription rates until January 2021. The current rates are as follows:

USA DOMESTIC SUBSCRIPTION RATES
One year (6 issues) - $30.00 USD
Two years (12 issues) - $50.00 USD
Three years (18 issues) - $75.00 USD

FOREIGN (OUTSIDE OF USA) SUBSCRIPTION RATES
One Year Foreign (6 issues) - $55.00 USD
Two Years Foreign (12 issuies) - $95.00 USD

Subscriptions can be purchased online at https://www.modelcarsmag.com/renew/ using a credit card or PayPal.
Those wishing to purchase their subs with checks or money orders may mail those, along with their mailing information, to:
Model Cars Magazine, LLC
P.O. Box 161179
Honolulu, HI 96816

3. DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS/DOWNLOADS
We are aware of a desire for digital subscriptions to MCM. We are in process of arranging such, and these will be offered some time in the near future. When such become available, we will announce them here on our Forums.

Thats about it for now, friends. Thanks for keeping the faith with us!

how about Barnes & Noble book stores??

Just purchased my Canadian subscription. Thank you all for filling the void and reviving this  magazine! I appreciate all the hard work it takes to create a magazine like this .   I am looking forward to receiving my first of many copies .

Jerry

6 hours ago, larrygre said:

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I'm pretty excited about the new MCM.  We've got a fabulous team in place that loves the magazine, loves the model hobby, and is determined to bring back the spirit of the original Scale Auto Enthusiast magazine.  It will only get better and better as we go forward, and I'm basing that on the great work the team has done so far.

As for me, look for expanded kit reviews, some major articles of interest, and some meaty features on replica stock automobiles.  And that's just for starters!

Best regards,

Wasn't Larry Greenberg associated with another Mopar Magazine years ago..Name is familiar but maybe not same guy..

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Not right now, but let me see if I can get one on the web site. 

Can you get a list for Canada too..My local in Winnipeg I'am going to ask him to inquire..I subscribed years ago and like the magazine..Looking forward to reading it again..My buddy Rod Maskiw did some articles for Gregg..

10 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Can you get a list for Canada too..My local in Winnipeg I'am going to ask him to inquire..I subscribed years ago and like the magazine..Looking forward to reading it again..My buddy Rod Maskiw did some articles for Gregg..

If I can do this, it will be for all dealers, US and abroad. 

On 11/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, Super28 said:

I bought a lifetime subscription. Wil it still be honored?

See #1 in the very first post of this thread.

Why would you think your lifetime subscription would be treated different?

I'm new to this forum, and retuning recently to the hobby. Reading this thread, and the others in this section, I feel like I missed something. I assumed the magazine was putting out a monthly issue (or quarterly or however it comes out) but it sounds like there is a problem? I've looked and I don't see any publisher statement type things about it. With Scale Auto Enthusiast being discontinued, I was thinking of subscribing to this one but now I'm not sure if that's a good plan. Can someone give a "quick update on why there are 3 threads about subscription updates" for those of us just tuning in? Did the magazine change owners or something? COVID problems? If that's explained somewhere, could someone post a link? Thanks.