Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 scale Belly Tank Lakester

Same story here Alan...as a 6 and 7 year old I remember those little bagged Airfix kits of brass era antique cars molded in red plastic...then I progressed onto the Pyro Tabletop series ( multi piece bodies )  as well as the Aurora 1/32 kits with the cool box art scenes ( Wolf Wagon, Ram Rod, Shiftin Drifter ).  One of those kits and a couple of tiny bottles of Testors or Pactra paints and you were good to go. The wheels on my belly tanker are temporarily fixed in place...still culling through the boxes deciding on the final look. Have some detailing yet to do on the interior as well....but my initial question of the possibility of stuffing parts into a 1/32 scale drop tank seems to have been answered.                          Stay safe down under.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
16 hours ago, styromaniac said:

Thanks JC! Lot of family stuff going on amidst my retirement ...but I did manage to pull that little project together in time to make the IPMS shows in Richmond & Fairfax last Feb-April...

Congratulations on your retirement.  Hope to see you a MAMA meeting soon.