Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T (SMH resin)

justanothermopar

Hi there.

Here we have a 69 Coronet R/T built from the SMH resin kit and using the AMT 68 roadrunner chassis. Steel wheels are from Scenes Unlimited. Color is Tamiya TS-84 gold, as far as I remember. I had some issues with the front and tail lights but they came out more or less OK. I also used some more available hoods. Hard to say which one fits better. What you guys think?

P1760076.JPG

P1760077.JPG

P1760079.JPG

P1760080.JPG

P1760082.JPG

P1760084.JPG

P1760085.JPG

P1760087.JPG

P1760088.JPG

P1760089.JPG

P1760091x.JPG

23 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

I like the single scoop matching colour hood the most.

I'm right there with you ( though I'm not sure that a Hemi model would have that standard bonnet --- I'll have to look at Hamtramck Historical for a definitive ) .

@justanothermopar : I'd like to suggest Tamiya Panel Line Accent for the door lines and other panels ( cowl vents , etc. ) --- even a fine line Sharpie would work --- to complement the black interior , and draw some attention from the V6R tail stripe . Looks lovely ne-er-the-less -- beautiful execution !

On 11/1/2020 at 11:14 PM, Carmak said:

Looks like you did some extensive work on the headlights. Looks really nice!

I have an SMH body in the que. Good to know it comes out this nice!

Carmak

Thanks. I also have some more SMH bodies to work with and looking forward to do so. So far I didn't use much other resin kits and cannot compare, but I think the SMH bodies are very good.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:10 AM, 1972coronet said:

I'm right there with you ( though I'm not sure that a Hemi model would have that standard bonnet --- I'll have to look at Hamtramck Historical for a definitive ) .

@justanothermopar : I'd like to suggest Tamiya Panel Line Accent for the door lines and other panels ( cowl vents , etc. ) --- even a fine line Sharpie would work --- to complement the black interior , and draw some attention from the V6R tail stripe . Looks lovely ne-er-the-less -- beautiful execution !

Not sure myself if those hoods are all hemi matching. I guess there not. ?

I already had in mind to highlight the door lines with one of the next models. Thanks for the advise, will probably give it a try with the Tamiya then.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Very nice build Sebastian!

The stance is perfect, I love the steel wheels and I'm partial with the black hood with the six pack scoop since I have done the same thing on my '69 MPC Coronet build. ?

Thanks a lot, Franics. At the moment I like the black hood the most, too. But also nice to see it with the others from time to time. Curious to see some pictures of your Coronet then.

By the way, I like your 70 GTX and 72 RR very much, outstanding mopars.