Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Porsche 911 Slantnose custom

Dann Tier

On 11/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, Scalper said:

Thanks 

Yeah its been a while. I have the 911 convertible  930 . that 911 rally car Fujimi.. 959 and 362 Tamiya in my stash. Hopefully soon one will fall on my bench. 

How about the 959 next?!!....dont see many of them!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 5:59 AM, Pete75 said:

Cool - glad you're back at it Dann! Nice wheels: what are they and are they a straight swap, fitting-wise, for the Fuchs ones in the kit? (Porsches seem to have such a big front/rear width difference!)

Thanks again, Bud!, yes they are, and i didnt even have to adjust the ride height at all either! After some detail painting, i will have another update!

On 11/2/2020 at 7:49 PM, Dann Tier said:

Its crazy, but i had no idea of this kit until a couple weeks ago....i wonder how rare it is?...it sure has eluded me all these years.

It's mega rare. It was based on a Fujimi enthusiast series Porsche. But this was a one time issue only deal and all the Gambella parts were exclusive to Revell. I have one that I found recently after 20 years of looking for one!! No joke.

• 2 months later...

I love it Dann. That is one bitchin Porsche.. I like your take on the LED headlights. I think I would have not split the rear lights though.. I have always liked the classic style on the rear end of these cars and just kinda throws me off. But, other than that your fabrication on this is fabulous. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 4:14 PM, parki said:

It's mega rare. It was based on a Fujimi enthusiast series Porsche. But this was a one time issue only deal and all the Gambella parts were exclusive to Revell. I have one that I found recently after 20 years of looking for one!! No joke.

NICE!!!

On 3/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, Hawk5.0 said:

I love it Dann. That is one bitchin Porsche.. I like your take on the LED headlights. I think I would have not split the rear lights though.. I have always liked the classic style on the rear end of these cars and just kinda throws me off. But, other than that your fabrication on this is fabulous. 

Thanks, Chris!   Since this build is about updating/new technologies, i decided to adapt the newer style lights, but with my twist of having the separation blended in body kolor.

I don’t know how this thread passed me by. Great work Dann. I love the imagination and creativity you bring to your builds. 
I remember seeing that Revell Gambella kit for sale in a local toy shop when I was a kid. I think it was about £8 - £9. At the time, I thought, who’s gonna pay that kind of money for a model. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, Dann Tier said:

Update #2!

-Photo 1; I wanted a smoothed out front fascia, so i filled in the turnsignals, and mouth. I turned the fog lights into brake ducts.

-Photo 2; I opened the fender vents....gotta love PE saws!!

-Photo 3; I replaced the scalloped side vent with the "Shark Fin"...only mine is a functional vent -not a chip guard.

DSCF0087.JPG

DSCF0088.JPG

DSCF0089.JPG

DSCF0090.JPG

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

WOW!!! Another home run!

• 2 years later...