Model Cars Magazine Forum

The EXCLUSIVELY '32 VICKY ONLY thread. Show us what you got!!!

mrm

Hi all,

I wanted to start a thread like this for a long time. Actually several threads like this, concentrating on certain popular body styles. 

So here it is. Let's see all those great Vicky Deuces! Please refrain from posting any other '32 Ford body styles, with the exception of the B400, which I would consider being the "Convertible Vicky". 

The Vicky is one of my favorite Deuces and the subject of few of my projects. I have seen some amazing Deuce Vickies on here and I am counting on seeing some of them in this thread (wink, wink, Dennis and Tim).

I can think of at least 5 different basic ways to build a Vicky, so don't be shy and post them up boys!

Edited by mrm

I'll kick it off with the first Vicky I build about six years ago. The model was inspired by a T-shirt art, I saw on somebody's back at the Heartland nationals. 

Body is resin. Most likely Jimmy Flintstone, but not sure.

Frame is highly modified AMT "Phantom Vicky" with the quick change rear I molded and cast from the one in the Red Baron show car. 

Interior is mostly modified Phantom Vicky.

Motor came from the parts box (I think from some mustang kit) and the exhaust I think came from the AMT model T kit.

Wheels and tires are from the Revell Willys.

Paint is Tamiya Bright Red, which is basically the Ferrari Formula 1 red from 2000. It is very orangy.

Hope you like it and yes, the camber issue on the right front, evident on the frontal picture has been addressed. 

Grille, tail light and interior pieces are MCG.

The turned aluminum parts on the engine are Parts by Parks (I believe)

1YecDZ.jpg

3Jm1ei.jpg

a7wdjb.jpg

aT9OT7.jpg

Bsn8Rt.jpg

pyuALZ.jpg

sU1tkM.jpg

Tdgf35.jpg

Ucvbhc.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Edited by mrm
  • Like 1

Love the Boss engine in that thing!!

I hope the phantom vickie is an acceptable version, if not I'll gladly delete. This is the only Victoria I have built. It was done a very long time ago from a bunch of spare parts and I think I sold it on ebay way back when too so these are the best pictures I have of it.

32pvebay.JPG

32pvebay3.JPG

Edited by Quiet Eric

2 minutes ago, Quiet Eric said:

I hope the phantom vickie is an acceptable version. This is the only Victoria I have built. It was done a very long time ago and I think I sold it on ebay way back when too so these are the best pictures I have of it.

32pvebay.JPG

32pvebay3.JPG

Thanks for posting it. The Phantom Vicky definitely qualifies as it is unmistakably Vicky. 

I dig the retro approach on yours. 

Here's a survivor (original issue of the kit, I believe) that I pieced together from a box of model junk I found at a flea market. (It turned out to have the major parts of no less than 14 models.) I disassembled it, cleaned it up as best I could, polished out the body, and put it back together. Only thing I changed was the tires; everything else is original. 

32VickyDrag01.jpg.679673083d5474704cf9cffb6afde5f8.jpg

32VickyDrag16.jpg.4d808f546a8a1d40ca0ce11a6faec17c.jpg

This is a "survivor" Vicky I built in around 1978, I think . . . it’s definitely been around quite a while. The 1:1 hot rodding trend at that time was distinctly “Resto Rod” and this one certainly has some of those late ‘70’s touches.  From what I can still remember, the body/interior is AMT while the undercarriage and suspension are from the MPC “Switchers” Deuce kit of that era.  I no longer recall where the engine and wheels/tires originated.  Back then, I only built models sporadically but this one was among my better efforts at the time . . . including the interior, which was ‘upholstered’ in burgundy corduroy fabric.   I see the license plate has gone missing and it’s shed a few other parts over the years, but here it is – fresh out of hibernation.  

01x_32_vicky-small.jpg

01z_32_vicky-small.jpg

01y_32_vicky-small.jpg

Here's my contribution. It's a Vicky that was heavily cross-pollinated with an Ala Kart. I'm planning to build another Vicky soon with a more conventional street rod look. The great looking models in this thread has already been a source of inspiration for that future build so show us some more!IMGP1549.JPG.b72de588f19b77a30831b02d4efd0db4.JPG

IMGP1547.JPG.6ed13f14938240b63cca38c65d05fda1.JPG

IMGP1546.JPG.1660d7db4a0db70c90bf4c8d8310d858.JPG

IMGP1553.JPG.35bb630bcaad4b7d87b1f98f22e88650.JPG

IMGP1556.JPG.4c4508f4cebbab0eec82a4b0d22055ef.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr moto said:

Here's my contribution. It's a Vicky that was heavily cross-pollinated with an Ala Kart. I'm planning to build another Vicky soon with a more conventional street rod look. The great looking models in this thread has already been a source of inspiration for that future build so show us some more!

I absolutely love this one.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, Snake45 said:

Here's a survivor (original issue of the kit, I believe) that I pieced together from a box of model junk I found at a flea market. (It turned out to have the major parts of no less than 14 models.) I disassembled it, cleaned it up as best I could, polished out the body, and put it back together. Only thing I changed was the tires; everything else is original. 

32VickyDrag01.jpg.679673083d5474704cf9cffb6afde5f8.jpg

32VickyDrag16.jpg.4d808f546a8a1d40ca0ce11a6faec17c.jpg

That looks spookily like the one I built as a twelve year old! Mine was painted with pactra leaf green on the body only and had very similar flame decals.

1 hour ago, oldscool said:

That looks spookily like the one I built as a twelve year old! Mine was painted with pactra leaf green on the body only and had very similar flame decals.

Cool! I recently restored a '66 Mustang that was painted in Pactra Leaf Green and discovered that Short Cuts Hunter Green is a VERY close match to it, if you ever want to do a "tribute" build. B)