Model Cars Magazine Forum

The EXCLUSIVELY '32 Pick Up ONLY thread. Show us what you got!!!

21 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Thank you!  Did a shiny take on the same kit right after:

689F9809-0D55-43F1-980C-A3C83EAB544C.thumb.jpeg.6c81886a89d956ff590664012ee5934a.jpeg

Very nicely done with lots of original details like the skirts and the rolling stock. Do you remember how you did the retaining strap for the spare? The strap is scaled just right and the buckle is very convincing.

13 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Very nicely done with lots of original details like the skirts and the rolling stock. Do you remember how you did the retaining strap for the spare? The strap is scaled just right and the buckle is very convincing.

The strap is a thin strip of some textured card I got from Hobby Lobby - it has a fine embossed 'mesh' pattern to it that made it look fabric-y. 

I forget exactly who makes the buckle, but it's from a photoetch sheet of seatbelt buckles - maybe made by Mr Model? 

Thanks for the kind words!

Here's my '32 pro-street pickup.  I built it a few years ago so some people may have seen it before.  It has a Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland resin cab and pickup bed, scratch-built chassis rails incorporating the suspension from the Revell Willys kit along with lots of extra details.

32ProstreetCompletedPic1.JPG

32ProstreetCompletedPic4.JPG

32ProstreetCompletedPic15.JPG

32ProstreetCompletedPic13.JPG

• Like 1

Some great stuff on display here....big congrats to all with a special salute to those of you who took the time and effort to do factory correct 1932 Ford Roadster pickup bodies....and those who used the modern-day 1/1 scale repo with the extended cab mastered by Craig and produced by Drag City...

Here's my only '32 pickup so far.  This one was a how-to in one of the Kalmbach model pubs about 20 years ago....

DSC 0570

DSC 0577

14 additional mages including closeup detail shots here....   Best Regards....TIM

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I came across this thread again while looking to see if there was an exclusive Deuce Coupe thread which I did not find. I did however realize that I had built another 32 Ford Pickup. This one was built for my then neighbour  who had the car constructed locally. It was called Quick Silver and eventually got blue wire wheels and a blue grill. The extended cab is obviously a 34 but it was always displayed as a Deuce. It went through a couple more owners before recently.

I made the cab from two 34 bodies.

DSCN3974-vi.jpg.8c926814634f0229a5d757a95520a599.jpgDSCN3975-vi.jpg.baa3435e94fb641cd362d8fe7552c636.jpgcoming back to Victoria. The current owner plans to paint the fenders black.

Edited by Phildaupho
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chevy II said:

All really cool builds. Is the 34 cab the same as a 32 cab?

There are a few differences that make 32,33 and 34 cabs all a little different from each other. However, in 25th scale, the only real noticeable difference is the third beltline on the back of the cab. Here is a couple of links where it is well discussed on the 1:1 trucks.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/32-34-ford-pickup-differences.375939/

https://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37145