Model Cars Magazine Forum
doorsovdoon

AMT 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix

21 hours ago, e30lover said:

Beautifully done! Your photos remind me of Art Fitzpatrick's illustrations! 

Thanks, Chang. I love that guys artwork, it's perfection.

art fitz.jpg

65 GP.jpg

On 12/6/2020 at 6:50 PM, AMT68 said:

Excellent build Gareth and I plan on doing a vinyl top on mine after seeing this one. The champagne gold interior blends well with the Solar Gold exterior which is a color I haven't been able to find in the hobby paints.  I've seen the Barris themed vintage AMT kits (which I'm assuming this one is) and if I'm not mistaken is a lowrider kit. 

Yes, it's the old Barris low rider, or what was left of it. I bought it incomplete on ebay cos I had the right parts here to make a complete car. The only Barris parts on this is the body, underside, and interior tub.

Oh brother you couldn't have picked a better colour combination than the one's you picked. I'm a 65-66 Pontiac fanatic and your GP is at the top of my list. Thanks for posting, this really made my day, cheers.

1 hour ago, Kah puts said:

Oh brother you couldn't have picked a better colour combination than the one's you picked. I'm a 65-66 Pontiac fanatic and your GP is at the top of my list. Thanks for posting, this really made my day, cheers.

Thanks, Glen, I'm glad you like it. I love Pontiac, the '65 and '66 are my favourite too. Such a beautiful car.

I’m not sure how I missed this one for 2 1/2 months, Gareth, but that is stellar! 

On 1/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, BeakDoc said:

I’m not sure how I missed this one for 2 1/2 months, Gareth, but that is stellar! 

Thanks, Chris. I too miss a lot on this forum as it's unbelievably busy. I only marked the site as read yesterday and already every topic is highlighted!

17 hours ago, iSewen said:

Beautifull build ! Perfect details ?

Thanks, Michal.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:18 AM, espo said:

Beautifully finished. I enjoyed watching your build and finished model looks like something from the Pontiac brochure. All the colors look good together and I like the "over spray" paint treatment on the chassis. With your interior work it's almost a shame this isn't a convertible to better show the interior.  

X2. All of it.

The interior is especially nice. I'm taking notes on what you did.

Charlie Larkin