Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sign in problem

Doug 1061

Hello all,  I was wondering if I am doing something wrong on sign in.   Every time when I try and get on the board  I have to go through the reset password routine.  Just wondering if this is normal, or is it because I am fairly new here?  Or maybe something with my settings?  Or maybe I am not doing something right?   I would be thankful for any help.    Everything works OK just a bit of an annoyance is all.  Thanks, Doug.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:56 PM, Doug 1061 said:

Hello all,  I was wondering if I am doing something wrong on sign in.   Every time when I try and get on the board  I have to go through the reset password routine.  Just wondering if this is normal, or is it because I am fairly new here?  Or maybe something with my settings?  Or maybe I am not doing something right?   I would be thankful for any help.    Everything works OK just a bit of an annoyance is all.  Thanks, Doug.

That is not normal. The site will happily use browser cookies to keep track of you and you don’t normally have to relogin. 

what browser are you using? Are you using it in private mode? And if not, do you have cookies enabled?

I'm puzzled.  Cookies allow re-entering the site without having to login in.  But as described by him, Doug has a more severe problem: He states that when he attempts a login, it fails (as if he entered wrong user name or password).  He has to go through a password reset process to enter the site.  That to me doesn't seem like a cookie problem.