Model Cars Magazine Forum

What was the worst movie you saw at the theater??

slusher

A couple come to mind.  The first was "Motor-Psycho", loosely a "Hell's Angel" type movie.  Filmed in B&W, opening scene was sound of a group of  unmuffled Harleys, cameras focused on the bearded, do-rag head, no helmet, style riders.  When the camera's panned out they were all riding Honda dirt-bikes.  Plot line was obvious from the next scene; a well-endowed young woman working in her yard and the bikers came rumbling by.  Anyway it was a good laugh.  The other one was "Barry Lyndon" a three hour bore placed in 1800's England (I think).  Never could figure out what the story line was; when the hour an half intermission came I convinced my girl friend it was time to find something more entertaining to do.

One of the first movies to bring back 3D in 1981. I never walk out of a movie I paid for, so I suffered in some sort of continuum where time and space stood still while I languished in a vortex of boredom until the gods released me. I think the entire budget went into the poster, the movie shot for free.

Comin' At Ya.jpg

Edited by Lunajammer

11 hours ago, Nazz said:

Bringing out the Dead. I have never left the theater because I'm a glutton for punishment. I keep thinking, it will get better. Sometimes it doesn't.

Been there done that! The whole time thinking it just HAS TO get better !   And remember, no matter how bad a turd ? they laid... somehow it’s somebody’s favorite movie!

No contest, and I've seen a lot of bad movies. 

My girlfriend at the time forced me to see "Players." A relentlessly stupid rom-com of the older woman/younger man genre.  And it's about...tennis.  Boy, is it ever.  For about 37 hours of its 48-hour running time, we watch tennis balls bouncing back and forth.  I not only fell asleep, I nearly slipped into a coma.

Best Worst Movie:  the famous stinker "Mommie Dearest," played as a midnight movie in West Hollywood, CA.  Audience participation was encouraged, the same as "Rocky Horror Picture Show."  So viewers were treated to one guy in a blonde fright wig playing little Christina, running up the theater aisle.  Chased by another guy dressed as Joan Crawford, waving a coat hanger and bellowing "No wire hangers!"  That was a lot more entertaining than anything in the movie.  

Movie So Bad, People Got Up And Left While Making Puke Noises:  "Butterfly" with Stacy Keach and Pia Zadora. I managed to stay until the end, barely.  When she was 11 years old, Pia Zadora appeared in the...LOL!...classic Christmas movie, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."  Later she married a very rich guy who was determined to make her a major movie star.  IIRC, even he gave up after the weird and grungy fiasco that was "Butterfly."  

20 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Movie So Bad, People Got Up And Left While Making Puke Noises:  "Butterfly" with Stacy Keach and Pia Zadora. I managed to stay until the end, barely.  When she was 11 years old, Pia Zadora appeared in the...LOL!...classic Christmas movie, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."  Later she married a very rich guy who was determined to make her a major movie star.  IIRC, even he gave up after the weird and grungy fiasco that was "Butterfly."  

I saw it. That was a bad movie. But my top bad movie in all time was Zardoz, starring Sean Connery. Best line in the entire movie was "The gun is good; the penis is evil"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Walked out on Talladega Nights after 20 minutes, was never a Will Ferrell fan but my ex convinced me to give it a chance with it being a Nascar movie.

After 20 minutes of him attempting to act funny looked at her and said I'll be in the car and left.

A lot of people don't know that that movie didn't have a script....... It was mostly improvised! I liked it, tho, have it on DVD.....

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Took a girl to see this on a first date and we ended up walking out of it. It just dragged on and on! 

No WAY. Are you kidding? Scorsese, Griffin Dunne, Catherine O'Hara... Delicious dark humor, satire, four out of four stars from Roger Ebert, Best Director at Cannes, one of my favorites ?

Hands down. The worst movie I ever saw. In a theater or not. David Lynch's Eraserhead. A Sci-Fi buddy convinced me I needed see it. I'm still not sure what it was that I saw on the screen that night. By far the worst movie I've even seen.  

Another one that I regret paying money to see, was High Road to China, staring Tom Selleck. An Indiana Jones rip off that was just plain boring. 

There are others. Many listed by others here. But, Eraserhead and High Road to China are the two that rank #1 and #2 on my list. Eraserhead by far is #1. 

It's sad what happened to High Road to China. It was a great book. I've read it.Then they made a movie from it. About the only things that remained once the were done, were a few names, the Title, and some stuff with airplanes.

Worse than being a poor clone of Indiana Jones, it was a CHEAP poor copy. I've seen it.

18 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

No WAY. Are you kidding? Scorsese, Griffin Dunne, Catherine O'Hara... Delicious dark humor, satire, four out of four stars from Roger Ebert, Best Director at Cannes, one of my favorites ?

Hey, I will give it another try, but it was not that great of a date movie back then. I was only in High School at the time. 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, unclescott58 said:

In a theater or not. David Lynch's Eraserhead.

I tried watching it three times (even at different points in my life, for perspective)  in the comfort of my own home and never made it to the end. While I'm fully prepared to invest my time into eclectic art films, this one is designed to slowly and methodically deconstruct and torture your psyche. Who wants to sit through that for an hour and a half?