Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM Relaunch Update 11/6/2020

Will I get it in the mail in Canada? I subscribed but never got my magazines, I mean no-one did, not just me. So will us with paid subscriptions get the new issues until our subscription runs out?

If it's good, I'll subscribe again for future issues!

So I just read further down that I will, so I'll wait and see.

I DID like the magazine, so I'm sure I will like the new ones as well.

Edited by dino246gt
saw the answer to my question after I posted.

I just canceled my subscription to FSM because it's FSM and no SA or MCM.   I hope this issue gets this mag back on track - I may try to get this one instead if it looks viable.  I'm really hoping it IS viable.  MCM has been my favorite when I could get it.  Therein is, of course, the rub.   C'mon guys - I'm pulling for yas!

2 hours ago, randyc said:

I just canceled my subscription to FSM because it's FSM and no SA or MCM.   I hope this issue gets this mag back on track - I may try to get this one instead if it looks viable.  I'm really hoping it IS viable.  MCM has been my favorite when I could get it.  Therein is, of course, the rub.   C'mon guys - I'm pulling for yas!

HI Randy,
The first new issue of the rebooted MCM (#207) has been mailed and is in transit to our dealers now.  I think you'll be pleased with it.
Thanks and regards,

You guys are lucky in the States whilst MCM is sorting itself out, as Model Car Builder is another available magazine (as I do not think that they have overseas subscribers), and Scale Auto was also another alternative up until its recent closure.

We have a magazine named Truck Model World published in the UK and as far as I know it is the only automotive magazine published this side of the pond. I believe there is also an American truck modelling magazine who's title I don't know.

21 hours ago, larrygre said:

HI Randy,
The first new issue of the rebooted MCM (#207) has been mailed and is in transit to our dealers now.  I think you'll be pleased with it.
Thanks and regards,

Excellent news!  Now to find a dealer.  Our only LHS closed in the last coouple years.  I hope you are bringing back some form of a "stictly stock" column - that was always where I went first to read about the kits I was about to buy.  You may be a little busy, but kit reviews are very important to me in the model magazines.

5 hours ago, randyc said:

Excellent news!  Now to find a dealer.  Our only LHS closed in the last coouple years.  I hope you are bringing back some form of a "stictly stock" column - that was always where I went first to read about the kits I was about to buy.  You may be a little busy, but kit reviews are very important to me in the model magazines.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm still doing the Kit Reviews for MCM as I have been for the past nineteen years.  However, quite a few people have asked me to bring back "Strictly Stock" and its under consideration, but in a much more expanded form.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks and regards,

3 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Will copies be going on sale in the UK via WHSmith (UK equivalent to Barnes&Noble I believe)?

I'd be very surprised if Smiths carry it, they stopped stocking Scale Auto a long time ago, and due to their financial problems more stores will be closing across the UK. 

18 hours ago, ratdoggy said:

Here's my dumb question...

Since I don't know anything about the magazine industry 

Is it more profitable to sell subscriptions or sales at hobby shops? 

Subscriptions usually cost less than buying the same number of issues at a store. The real money is made from advertising. And the more magazines you sell, regardless of method, the more you can charge advertisers.