Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM Relaunch Update 11/6/2020


Recommended Posts

On 3/10/2021 at 7:44 AM, mikemodeler said:

He said that back in January, which is it?

 

What I said back then was not that #208 was being printed and mailed, but in answer to a subscription question, I replied "Your subscription will start with issue 208, which is in process of finalization and being sent to the printer.  I'll post when the issue has been sent out. .".

It generally takes several weeks to complete all that needs doing before an issue is ready to send off to the printers and the mailings begin. The printer would not receive the magazine for publication before all the necessary finalization steps are completed.

I only post that an issue is being printed and mailed when it is actually happening.

 Your patience is appreciated. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, larrygre said:

What I said back then was not that #208 was being printed and mailed, but in answer to a subscription question, I replied "Your subscription will start with issue 208, which is in process of finalization and being sent to the printer.  I'll post when the issue has been sent out. .".

It generally takes several weeks to complete all that needs doing before an issue is ready to send off to the printers and the mailings begin. The printer would not receive the magazine for publication before all the necessary finalization steps are completed.

I only post that an issue is being printed and mailed when it is actually happening.

 Your patience is appreciated. 

 

 

I was pointing out that in mid-January you mentioned the magazine was in the process of being finalized and being sent to the printer, and nearly two months later it was actually being sent to the printer. Given the history of the magazine and the delays, I wasn't sure which was accurate and was slightly confused. 

I guess my expectations were that with a new team in place, the magazine would be appearing in a more timely fashion than before; 3 months between issues seems a bit long and makes it hard to stick to the schedule of 6 issues per year. Having worked in print production in the past, I know from experience that once you get behind, getting caught up is extremely difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I was pointing out that in mid-January you mentioned the magazine was in the process of being finalized and being sent to the printer, and nearly two months later it was actually being sent to the printer. Given the history of the magazine and the delays, I wasn't sure which was accurate and was slightly confused. 

I guess my expectations were that with a new team in place, the magazine would be appearing in a more timely fashion than before; 3 months between issues seems a bit long and makes it hard to stick to the schedule of 6 issues per year. Having worked in print production in the past, I know from experience that once you get behind, getting caught up is extremely difficult.

HI Mike,

We're tirelessly working on getting the magazine on a regular schedule as it once was.  We still have a number of hurdles to overcome given where the magazine was and where it is now,, and I won't discuss those here.  We do, however, continue to ask for your patience as these are sorted out, so we can continue to provide you with the best and most relevant car modeling magazine possible.

Best regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, larrygre said:

HI Mike,

We're tirelessly working on getting the magazine on a regular schedule as it once was.  We still have a number of hurdles to overcome given where the magazine was and where it is now,, and I won't discuss those here.  We do, however, continue to ask for your patience as these are sorted out, so we can continue to provide you with the best and most relevant car modeling magazine possible.

Best regards,

Thanks for the updates, Larry. I know you guys are doing everything you can, and the situation 2021 is thus far still in is not helping, I'd imagine.

Charlie Larkin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Thanks for the updates, Larry. I know you guys are doing everything you can, and the situation 2021 is thus far still in is not helping, I'd imagine.

Charlie Larkin

Now if only the USPS can get it delivered in a timely fashion...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, Dan Janssen said:

When will we see another issue if the magazine. I'd like to subscribe BUT I need to see some consistency.

 

Hi Dan,

Isue #208 is being mailed now.

As far as the rest, as I said earlier, we're working on that.  Hang in there with us as we continue to sort out the issues.

Thanks and regards,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Seems like you guys are doing great with the relaunch!  Keep up the good work!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the kind words.  If things keep going the way they have been going for us lately, the best is really yet to come.

Best regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, larrygre said:
Great news, friends of MCM! Issue #207 is at the printers and will be in the mail to our subscribers and at our dealers shortly! The long wait is over!
 
 
 
Best regards,
 
 

I just received my 208 in the mail (GREAT issue BTW, guys! ), the last issue that I got was 206, so I waited and waited for 207, but never received my copy (of course I didn't know this until 208 arrived yesterday) 🤷‍♂️😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 1:26 PM, Olskoolrodder said:

I just received my 208 in the mail (GREAT issue BTW, guys! ), the last issue that I got was 206, so I waited and waited for 207, but never received my copy (of course I didn't know this until 208 arrived yesterday) 🤷‍♂️😔

Hi Stephen,
Gregg handles all subscription inquiries.  Please send this in email to subscribe@modelcarsmag.com.
Best regards,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 11:28 AM, Tom Kren said:

Just picked up the latest issue  And subscribe  Again Hope all the bad issues are behind you And you get back on the right track now .Keep up the good work  Can't wait for the next issue.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words.  We're on track for a brighter future.

Best regards,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...