Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford GT40 GT/102

This is my take on the early GT40 GT/102.  Based on two earlier Cox slot car bodies, one provided the sills, I have built it retaining it's slot car roots by using the original interior.  The wheels are from the re release of the earlier Revell GT40 and the tyres are resin Dunlop Racing's from my parts box.  Decals are Patto's.   My only fault was that, while reviewing my reference material to apply the decals, I realised the rear engine cover deck should have been white and flat black!!

Tks for looking

Dave B

IMG_8030.JPG

IMG_8025.JPG

IMG_8027.JPG

IMG_8028.JPG

IMG_8031.JPG

Really like how this  turned out Dave, the pair looks great. Have always admired the early GTs for their Ford paint scheme on a clean body shape. As a kid remember seeing early b&w photos, at the time a radical design. Also being at the height of slot car racing having a Cox Ford GT was truly a mark!  Would the molds still exist and where one  wonders?

Congrats on the build, cheers Misha

Dave...very nice work, don't see much of either variation. The Ford GT was my inspiration to get into automotive modeling. Saw one rumble past me at the 1964 Watkins Glen Gran Prix  and bought an IMC kit of the same car sometime later. Still have that finished kit.  You commented on my post sp.gifof 5/27/19 and Gary (gramps) posted pictures of that day  I was there.  Pretty cool that someone captured that moment on film. I am not in the pic but I will bet I was only a few feet away. 

• 2 months later...