Model Cars Magazine Forum

The EXCLUSIVELY '32 Roadster/Cabriolet ONLY thread. Show us what you got!!!

mrm

38 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

The front suspension was from R&D unique.

Yup. and it was in white metal. You could get an entire Deuce frame or the suspension by itself. Now if someone tells me also who made the resin 32 ford Zipper bodies? They had a Zipper Roadster and a Zipper Vicky. Came with cool vacuformed roofs too, that were a nightmare to cut out. 

On 11/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, mrm said:

Yup. and it was in white metal. You could get an entire Deuce frame or the suspension by itself. Now if someone tells me also who made the resin 32 ford Zipper bodies? They had a Zipper Roadster and a Zipper Vicky. Came with cool vacuformed roofs too, that were a nightmare to cut out. 

Accupro was the name of the company that did the zipper bodies. Every once in awhile on will pop up on eBay but i always seem to miss out for some reason. 

Thanks for starting this thread, i'll jump in at some point with mine. A have... a few ?

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Accupro was the name of the company that did the zipper bodies. Every once in awhile on will pop up on eBay but i always seem to miss out for some reason. 

Thanks for starting this thread, i'll jump in at some point with mine. A have... a few ?

And they were 1:24 to fit the Monogram roadster kit. 

Some really great models on here. A lot of period correct hot rods. I love the variety of colors too.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, Jim Whalen said:

Well, the topic did say roadster/cabriolet so I thought I'd add a cabriolet to all the nice roadsters people have shared on this thread.  This one was built using a body from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland and spare parts from various Revell '32 kits.32FordCabriolet.thumb.jpg.5855cfb3a54be6d19e1b9b081b40369c.jpg

Jim, thank you for posting this on here. You don't see many of these bodies built and I think it's really nice to see one built as a street rod. Awesome color and I really dig the right hand drive. 

7 minutes ago, mrm said:

Some really great models on here. A lot of period correct hot rods. I love the variety of colors too.

Jim, thank you for posting this on here. You don't see many of these bodies built and I think it's really nice to see one built as a street rod. Awesome color and I really dig the right hand drive. 

Thanks Michael, your thread has prompted people to put some nice models up onto the forum that have been great to look through.  There is a place near me (in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England - about 15 miles north of Birmingham) that used to make the chassis rails for 1932 Fords.  The cabriolets were imported though so a I thought a right-hand drive example in my collection would be something different.  The colour is Ford Fiesta Hot Magenta which is a pearl where you spray a metallic base, then a translucent coat before the clear (which on this model is two-pack).

3 hours ago, Jim Whalen said:

Thanks Michael, your thread has prompted people to put some nice models up onto the forum that have been great to look through.  There is a place near me (in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England - about 15 miles north of Birmingham) that used to make the chassis rails for 1932 Fords.  The cabriolets were imported though so a I thought a right-hand drive example in my collection would be something different.  The colour is Ford Fiesta Hot Magenta which is a pearl where you spray a metallic base, then a translucent coat before the clear (which on this model is two-pack).

It's a fine model, Jim. I see quite few pieces from the Model Car Garage photo etch set for the '32 on your model. Very nicely done. I assume it has a photo etched grille too. You should post more pictures of it. 

So many fine Deuce roadsters in this thread, some known to me and many I've never seen before. Yum, yum!

As I' mentioned I have built far too many Deuces in my short modeling life, especially roadsters. Here are some more not posted earlier.

Revell Deuce Roadster body with the rest of the car almost entirely built from the Replicas and Miniatures Co. of Maryland catalog including most of the motor, chassis, grill shell, wheels and tires, and interior.

DSCF2584-cutaway-web.jpg
DSCF2583-web.jpg
DSCF2573-web.jpg
detail-summary-web.jpg

Another Revell Deuce roadster, but this time completely revised to look like the “Street Rod” on the box lart for the original 1960 first release of the AMT Trophy Series roadster. Massive kit bashing on this one, but almost exclusively Revell stuff except where using AMT parts was unavoidable (hub caps, valve covers, cycle fenders). Even the decals were re-drawn and reprinted to fit the very different scale and shape of the Revell body.

DSCF6795-web-1024.jpg
DSCF6773-web-1024.jpg
11-14-summary-web-1024.jpg
Box-Art-Composite-web.jpg

Just about as basic as it gets, a largely out-of-the-box Revell highboy built as a slump buster in 2014. That’s why it’s called the Therapy Roadster. It went together in less than a week with only the wheels, front tires, dashboard and steering wheel not from the original kit. Flat black made for no-worries paint, although I did tweak the stance and chop the windshield. And yes, it had the desired effect.

DSCF3142-web.jpg
DSCF3130-web.jpg
DSCF3117-web.jpg
Deatails-Web.jpg

• Like 2

The gorgeous Deuces I've been seeing in this thread are going to be a very tough act to follow. But here are my humble contributions.

This is my very first box art replica build, from back in 1999-2000. I built the purple one below it around the same time.

FB IMG 1548898020321

IMG 9242rt

FB IMG 1548898652572

Ths one came a short time later, but was eventually blown back apart and repainted, with different front rolling stock added.

20201024 090110

20201023 203138

I'll close out with a few survivors...

This one, an ancient box art build of the kit Bernard replicated...

20201027 171642

72163492 10159134565183102 1625794642232475648 o

• Like 1

Started out as the Stacy David Rat Roaster.  Changed the valve covers, wired, throttle cable and linkage, cut open truck and used louvered trunk from another 32, scratch built inside of trunk and side exhaust, modified dash, aftermarket seats....etc.  Lots to list but that is the highlights.

roadster model 1.jpg

roadster model engine.jpg

roadster model 3.jpg

roadster model 4.jpg

• Like 2