Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...

Finally I’ve managed to get back to this. The weather here in the Pacific Northwest has been rainy and cold, but today it was sunny and decent. So I have finally managed to get this into primer. I’m thinking of a two tone, Root beer brown and bronze. What do you guys think? Thanks for looking in the comments, cheers.

B02384AE-3AD3-4DC7-8C57-2E08B01EC977.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything, the weather in my area prevented me from painting. I decided to two-tone this paint job. Both colors are Testers Extreme Lacquer, root beer brown and bronze. It came out okay but I have some fixing to do on this with some color sanding and polishing. Pardon the dust on the model but I did have to let the model sit and gas out.

Enjoy and thanks for looking. Cheers.😎

90EF2876-6039-4C01-B1AF-01BECF54F7F0.jpeg

7F4725B1-8A54-41EC-A007-7381509B202A.jpeg

013A860A-B86E-412D-8F86-0E00F597B276.jpeg

ECAB8EBC-9B1D-471C-91D2-9C488112BED5.jpeg

Edited by carnut
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Getting back to the 64 Dodge Pickup, doing a bit of work on the exhaust system. I pulled the exhaust from the AMT 57 Chevrolet Bel Air Street Machine kit (new tool). It has an excellent exhaust system but there were modifications to make it fit right. I made my own hangers. I also scratch built a gas tank and mocked it up in place. Ready for more paint.

Cheers

F104BC17-CA29-4E6A-B202-0AB70B27F598.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with everyone, I too wish someone would do this in styrene. I don’t know though how profitable it would be for Moebius do one, I wish they would. I wonder if 3D printing would be an alternative?

• 1 year later...

Update: sorry guys I haven’t been able to get back to this for quite a while. I’ve been sidetracked on various other projects and things. I finally dug this project out again, and I managed to complete the interior which is fairly simple and straightforward. I’ve lost the steering wheel from the resin kit, but no matter I managed to find another steering wheel in my parts box. I hope to be back onto this and finish it up soon. 

thanks for your patience and cheers

IMG_8414.jpeg