Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti Royale interior ?

15 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

The first two things that come to mind are either printing a sheet decal paper with that cloth pattern and cutting out the individual pieces or finding a similar pattern in lace and spraying through it like a mask to create the pattern.

I am not sure if I could find any lace material that work for a smaller scale. The idea of making decals sounds very doable. I haven't found any patterns real close to the photo but I found several that will work.  

Thanks for the idea

2 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I am not sure if I could find any lace material that work for a smaller scale. The idea of making decals sounds very doable. I haven't found any patterns real close to the photo but I found several that will work.  

Thanks for the idea

Good luck, that looks like it will be pretty challenging no matter how you go about it. 

On 11/11/2020 at 11:38 AM, SfanGoch said:

Google "1920s/1930s brocade cloth material patterns". You should find something close enough. It'll be just a matter of repeating the pattern in PS and adjusting the colors.

Thanks. I found this. Looks close just have to darken the blue and add some pink spots here and there.

176166pre_dc0d8cf3272b7c1.jpg.7fecf403a377f0bd125953f37919a39e.jpg

Looks better

mat11.jpg.7407305015dd7737e0324e1147f8343b.jpg

Edited by Jon Haigwood

• 2 months later...

I had that made into a solid 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of decal years ago. I’ll have to see if I can find it. 

I’m not 100% sure it is accurate for an original Royale. I believe that pattern is from a replica that is or was in the Sinsheim Auto+Technic museum in Germany. I could be wrong on that. 

On 11/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, Jon Haigwood said:

Thanks for the idea

You might looking at lace ribbon at Hobby Lobby.