Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bandai Cup Of Noodles, Whats In The Box?

On 11/11/2020 at 10:06 PM, peteski said:

Didn't we discuss this model a month or two ago?  Deja-vou all over again. :)

Yeah, I brought this one up a month or two ago. And I'm still just as confused now as I was then. Why anyone would manufacture this kit, let alone buy one.

Ahh well, whatever floats one's boat I guess.

Well, this kit is aimed at the Japanese market and you only have to look at some of the other odd ball kit subjects they have over there to see why this isn't considered an absurdity.

What cracks me up me about this kit is that Bandai included stickers for the prawns - not decals which in my mind would be easier to conform over the surface

You could make it a horror version: paint the noodles in modulated pink and add clear goop between spaces to make it look like a slimey pot of worms. Thrown in some bloodied dolls eyes and voila, you have created the grossest pot noodles ever

On 11/27/2020 at 7:14 PM, Madhatter said:

What cracks me up me about this kit is that Bandai included stickers for the prawns - not decals which in my mind would be easier to conform over the surface

I suspect that the target market for this kit is not the typical model builder, but just an average person who wants to have (for whatever reason) plastic model of Ramen noodle cup.  They probably figured that those model builders would  find stickers easier to deal with than waterslide decals.