Model Cars Magazine Forum

Review a Movie!

Snake45

On 11/27/2022 at 12:12 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Ok,well sorry if offend anybody’s taste,but I saw a pretty lousy movie last night called “Hollow Man”,[2000]with Elisabeth Shue, Kevin Bacon, and Josh Brolin..After years of experimentation, a brilliant but arrogant scientist Sebastian Caine has discovered a way to make living matter invisible. Determined to achieve the ultimate breakthrough, Kevin Bacon pushes his team to move to the next phase,by using himself as the subject. The test is a success, but when the process can't be reversed,Kevin Bacon seems doomed to a future without flesh.He then attempts to destroy his fellow scientists as he feels they have turned against him..Idk,IMO, it ain’t worth the time.However if you enjoy Sci-fi,for lack of a better wo go rd,and you are a Kevin Bacon fan,then check it out I guess..I will add this though,the movie came out in 2000,and i never heard of it till last night.,hmm🤔.Then shortly after I watched that,the movie “Sleepers” came on,also starring Kevin Bacon.That was a great movie,from beginning to end.

3EFDC4AB-C1BE-4EE9-9E7F-BEE30B98FDCE.jpeg

D9575E34-7214-4E5B-B52D-1D288805F0DC.jpeg

I have seen that before not great and not terrible, the good cast keep me wanting to see him cought.

i watched dont worry darling and it was ok. there was a ton of silliness around the movie before it came out, i think to get its name out there. it was an ok movie, and the acting wasnt bad, but its not something i would recommend. i give it 2 of 4 turkey giblets. 

see how they run was a great movie, but the ending was really poor. i loved it until the end. 3 of 4 duck beaks 

6 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

i watched dont worry darling and it was ok. there was a ton of silliness around the movie before it came out, i think to get its name out there. it was an ok movie, and the acting wasnt bad, but its not something i would recommend. i give it 2 of 4 turkey giblets. 

Agree with you completely. VERY interesting premise and first 3/4 of the movie, but I felt like the ending let me down. I'm not sorry I watched it, but I'd have a hard time recommending it. Some great cars, though, including a '57 Nomad and some early T-Birds and Corvettes. 

Edited by Snake45

Watched "Batman - Hush" a couple days ago. 

Animated, of course.  Funny how the WB animated movies are so much better than any of their live-action superhero movies.

But, yea, pretty entertaining. Good story and the characters were well written. 

Edited by Can-Con

I watched “Drugstore Cowboy” last night..Matt Dillon was great in this movie.He plays an addict who robs drug stores to get his fix,along with his girl friend,(Kelly Lynch),and another couple,played by (Heather Graham,& James LeGros)..It takes place in Oregon during the early 70s.Great movie,check it out if you haven’t seen it yet.

4F8219EA-C124-49C1-9C82-E7C7D5F14BCB.png

Edited by NYLIBUD

A great scottish movie to watch if you appreciate dark hunour is one day removals. Its a bit sweary but very funny. the full movie is available on youtube. some of it was filmed outside my old home in aberdeen. it is very sweary so not suitable for non scottish kids, lol

4 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Hey Stichdup,so you being from Scotland,I was just curious if you every saw Trainspotting 1,&2?IMO,they were sort of a drug use/robbery,very funny black comedies.They were both great,however i did like Trainspotting 2 a little bit better..

yes i sure have and i liked 2 better as well, i kinda blame the first movie for the massive rise in heroin in scotland during the 90s. shallow grave is a pretty good movie too, i think its the same producer as trainspotting. and theres a film called venus peter that i was in as a kid but its garbage, lol. i think you'd like the movie i linked, the first half hourish is set up but then the funny starts but it has a lot of cursing throughout but that is just how we really speak north of edinburgh, what you see on telly is very sanitised

On 12/6/2022 at 1:14 AM, stitchdup said:

yes i sure have and i liked 2 better as well, i kinda blame the first movie for the massive rise in heroin in scotland during the 90s. shallow grave is a pretty good movie too, i think its the same producer as trainspotting. and theres a film called venus peter that i was in as a kid but its garbage, lol. i think you'd like the movie i linked, the first half hourish is set up but then the funny starts but it has a lot of cursing throughout but that is just how we really speak north of edinburgh, what you see on telly is very sanitised

Yea that’s what i had heard that there was a big increase in younger folks using heroin in Scotland,as well as here in the states.Not making light or jokes about people using heroin,but like i said i just thought both films were really funny in a twisted sort of way Lol.And while i really liked the first film,I thought the second film was just a GREAT movie,with excellent acting and a really good story line,as well as the music..Also seeing how the cast looked twenty years later was definitely strange.I would have say that Franco is probably my favorite character.He was nuts in both 1,&2..And i couldn’t believe how different some of the cast members looked like.But again,it is literally 20 years later.I think the first movie instantly had become a cult classic,for lack of a better word.And I really think in due time,the second film will become a cult classic.🤣👍👍🤩

Edited by NYLIBUD

Last week I re-watched both Napoleon Dynamite and Little Miss Sunshine for the first time since they were new.  Both movies really hold up and in fact I thought they were better than the first time. Oddly, the climax of both movies is a "special" dance that nobody--not the characters nor the audience--saw coming. Snakeworthy, both of them. B)

Yesterday I watched Amsterdam on HBO/MAX. It's an absolutely amazing, breathtaking movie that, I'll admit, took 20 or 30 minutes to get into. Some GREAT performances including cameos by Chris Rock and Mike Meyers, and--spoiler alert--if you've ever wanted to see Taylor Swift get run over by a truck, THIS is your movie! (A real how-did-they-DO-THAT??? moment.) Double-Secret Very Most Hella Way Snakeworthy! B)B)B)

On 11/27/2022 at 9:38 AM, TonyK said:

Wife and I watched the new Christmas Story movie on HBO Max. Not bad. Enjoyed seeing the kids as adults now as they were all in this.

Saw it yesterday. I liked it A LOT and think it will be an instant classic.

The first part was pretty cute, but IMHO just a little bit lame. But from the point where Ralph gets arrested, it picks up considerably. You know a happy ending is coming, but I wasn't expecting such a GREAT happy ending. And having seen both A Star Is Born and Devotion just before seeing this, I was REALLY in the mood for a REALLY happy ending. :D

The entire production seemed to hold the original movie with very high respect (and rightly so). The movie wouldn't be complete with The Old Man, and even though Darren McGavin passed in 2006, The Old Man was still very much a part of this one. Well done!

It was also a love letter to the memory of Jean Shepard, who wrote the stories which became the original Christmas Story movie. Nobody could tell a story like Jean Shepard, but this movie got darn close. (I'll expand on this more if anyone is really interested.) 

Overall rating: Very Most Way Excellent Snakeworthy. See it!  B)

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Driver stars in a movie called White Noise  that just dropped on Netflix.

Oh boy, where to begin? It's an odd story plot with alot of unnecessary dialog set in the mid 80's that seems to drag on with hardly no real direction, 3/4ths the way in it still doesn't explain the multiple plot lines of the events at this point.

If I had to sum it up, I'd best describe it as human obsession and the lengths they'll go for it weather it's weight loss, jealousy, dying, or Elvis and Hitler believe it or not. Nevertheless, It's just plots, stories, and characters that are not prudent to the overall meaning of the film. 

I will say that the cinematic details that make up the 80's era (props, clothing, and automobiles) are probably the best I've seen in a movie depicting the past recently. 

I would say challenge yourself to watch 20 minutes of it but I really don't want to be blamed for wasting 20 minutes of your time. 😆😄😁

On 12/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Snake45 said:

Saw it yesterday. I liked it A LOT and think it will be an instant classic.

The first part was pretty cute, but IMHO just a little bit lame. But from the point where Ralph gets arrested, it picks up considerably. You know a happy ending is coming, but I wasn't expecting such a GREAT happy ending. And having seen both A Star Is Born and Devotion just before seeing this, I was REALLY in the mood for a REALLY happy ending. :D

The entire production seemed to hold the original movie with very high respect (and rightly so). The movie wouldn't be complete with The Old Man, and even though Darren McGavin passed in 2006, The Old Man was still very much a part of this one. Well done!

It was also a love letter to the memory of Jean Shepard, who wrote the stories which became the original Christmas Story movie. Nobody could tell a story like Jean Shepard, but this movie got darn close. (I'll expand on this more if anyone is really interested.) 

Overall rating: Very Most Way Excellent Snakeworthy. See it!  B)

Yea curiosity is really making me want to watch the movie.So i do plan on seeing it,even if Xmas has come and gone..I’m glad they able to keep the memory of the  “old man,and Jean Shepard” in the second film.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:45 PM, disconovaman said:

Adam Driver stars in a movie called White Noise  that just dropped on Netflix.

Oh boy, where to begin? It's an odd story plot with alot of unnecessary dialog set in the mid 80's that seems to drag on with hardly no real direction, 3/4ths the way in it still doesn't explain the multiple plot lines of the events at this point.

If I had to sum it up, I'd best describe it as human obsession and the lengths they'll go for it weather it's weight loss, jealousy, dying, or Elvis and Hitler believe it or not. Nevertheless, It's just plots, stories, and characters that are not prudent to the overall meaning of the film. 

I will say that the cinematic details that make up the 80's era (props, clothing, and automobiles) are probably the best I've seen in a movie depicting the past recently. 

I would say challenge yourself to watch 20 minutes of it but I really don't want to be blamed for wasting 20 minutes of your time. 😆😄😁

I'm watching it right now.  Must say I'm not impressed.

• Haha 1