Model Cars Magazine Forum

Review a Movie!

Snake45

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Watched Black Adam today on Max. same old same old IMO. Can not recommend but that's just me.

I tried but don't think I made it through more than about 40 minutes of it. Just stupid IMHO. 

6 hours ago, misterNNL said:

We watched the latest "Top Gun" last night and it was really good. It starts a little slowly but the plot was solid and the low level high speed flight scenes were very cool. Highly recommended.

I enjoyed it also. It’s going to be on Paramont plus soon but it’s a theater movie..

Just saw Avatar, Way of the Water.

During the movie I was quite impressed with the quality of special effects especially the vivid colors, details and realistic motions. The storyline rolls pretty well too. The very end however, is missing all kinds of background sound (and other action) that would obviously be present for all the commotion that just occurred. Still worth the $14 I paid to see it because I am such a SciFi fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Otto today (wife’s pick ) . Stars Tom Hanks as a “ get off my lawn “ kind of guy . Shows his grumpy treatment of neighbors . As the movie plays on you find out why he is the way he is . Won’t give nothing away on the off chance some of you may see it . Better than I expected . 

• Thanks 1

Watched 'Samaritan" with Sly Stallone.

Pretty Decent Movie, with a good storyline. Stallone 'owns' the movie, but in a good way.

Best part!

Check out the totally Blacked Out Villains cars. Three of them. Buick (?) GNX, 1980's El Camino & and a really Cool, 72 (?) Ford Torino Four Door. The Tori no always leads the pack and gets a bit more screen time than the others. Hard to see what wheels are on the cars. Thirty years ago, there would already be an article in "Starlog Magazine" about "the Cars of Samaritan" but, that kind of thing is long gone.

I'd really like to try to build one of them. The GNX and Elky are both in kit form, I believe.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:48 PM, Scott Colmer said:

Watched Knivesout - Glass Onion a couple days ago. Good stuff! 

Wife and I watched it, too.

If you take it as a Fun, Light movie, it works. But, it was not great cinema, just fluff. But, very good fluff!

• Like 1

Funny how some films were considered so controversial back in the day!

Kubrick's Clockwork Orange comes to mind as one, but seems tame now compared with the graphically violent films that are all too common these days.

Also CGI is a brilliant thing for Sci Fi and Super Hero films, but so many these days rely on it to carry the film too much rather than decent plot and character development in them.

Watched Hunt for Red October yet again recently. Not over heavy on CGI but very good on tension and the submarine commanders were cast really well. 

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 2

So I watched the action/comedy flick, Hooper,a couple of days ago.For those of you who forgot,Burt Reynolds plays a Hollywood stuntman who wants to make one last car jump in a rocket powered car before he retires.It’s a good movie,if you like Burt Reynolds.👍👍🎬

337549FB-6B04-4C69-92DA-77AEB4E2E91B.jpeg

F116470C-1D6C-4111-9A18-6A049103069A.jpeg

DC81638A-2877-4DAE-8CD1-C2F0BBEF4D3C.jpeg

B2ACB575-544C-41CB-8641-669BBA618D37.jpeg

AE75861A-FC9C-4D33-870E-620BE3960E83.jpeg

6D3D7A5A-A610-4292-B4AA-1B7AD4C90FC1.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I went to see The Covenant today. Based on a true story. About a sergeant who being injured in Afghanistan and is kept alive by interpreter. The sergeant get air lifted out but the interpreter and family is left behind. Story continues with the sergeant fighting red tape to get visas to bring them to America. Failing that he takes it upon himself to get the jo done.  I thought the movie was pretty good. I have never been there so my opinion doesn't mean a whole bunch.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cobraman said:

I went to see The Covenant today. Based on a true story. About a sergeant who being injured in Afghanistan and is kept alive by interpreter. The sergeant get air lifted out but the interpreter and family is left behind. Story continues with the sergeant fighting red tape to get visas to bring them to America. Failing that he takes it upon himself to get the jo done.  I thought the movie was pretty good. I have never been there so my opinion doesn't mean a whole bunch.  

Saw ads for that on Hulu--looks good and I hope to see it. Looks like it might be a feel-good movie, and Lord Knows we could all use one of those about now. Thanks for the review! 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, cobraman said:

I have been wanting too it but i will wait until its on pay per view on Spectrum...

• 2 months later...

i watched 65 with the guy from the latest star wars movies. it was a sci/fi adventure movie. i guess the best way to describe it is, there was always something happening on the screen. not usually too exciting. there was not a lot of excitement or character development

Edited by MrMiles

We went to see the new Indians Jones movie. Everything I have read in the news sort of pans this movie, but I don't understand why. I think it may have to do with those that remember the previous movies and enjoyed them. There is the expected formula of the good and the bad, the chases are as good as ever. The special effects are on a par with anything from past movies. The effects on ageing are something you don't notice at first in the time of the end of WWII, and it isn't until the story line reaches the movie timeline of 1969 that you realize what had been done on the Harrison Ford, Indian Jones, as far as special effects in his appearance on screen. The main bad guy doesn't age from the WWII timeline to the 1969 timeline, but other than that the acting seems well done. My opinion is that many of the younger audience today may have not seen the earlier films in the theaters or may have not even been born yet when this all started. Interests change with time and some of the subjects of WWII as well as 1969 would be harder to relate too than someone who had been around in 1969 and are more aware of WWII and what all was happening in 1969.