Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got this as a challenge from my sister in law. She loves Anime and since I build models it follows I could build a garage kit for her. My brother has a cabinet full of my stuff [Mostly Tom Daniel and Dave Deal stuff], but Sonia doesn't have anything I built to call her own and she is a miniature maniac. She is always dropping by my mini studio to see what I'm working on. She loves Warhammer but it's not as cute and cuddly as Anime. I have no idea what the name of this character is called but there are also big billowing cape pieces that need to be attached. They are currently drying after highlights and a matt coat were applied. But suffice it to say it's quite dramatic when it's all together. The paint scheme was left to me as the established character has certain colors but the hair matches the on screen since that was one element I was told not to change. Resin can be tricky to work with but the pieces were very high quality with no parting lines at all. Fitment was a bit different and each piece must be fit in relation to another to make certain it all ends up in the right place. Mostly Vallejo acrylics with a few enamels where acrylics wouldn't cut it. Yes, I painted the eyes. What a learning curve that was, as I watched more than a few Youtube tutorials on painting Anime eyes. It's an art that I'm only scratching the surface of. I liked this project so much I bought one for myself to try out. Should be good fun. Enjoy.

Resize of Resize of AG1.jpg

Resize of Resize of AG2.jpg

Resize of Resize of AG3.jpg

Resize of Resize of AG4.jpg

Edited by Dragline
Resize

Wow! Always like looking at these characters for the poses and the work done by the builder. Really enjoy looking at all the time and talent put into them.

I have a couple of vinyl ( I think ) ones from years ago but haven't done anything because I don't know what to use for adhesive and filler and paint prep. Looked online but was discouraged. I know how to work with resin but not gonna buy another figure when I have a couple already.

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...