Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phil Bonner '65 Falcon FX

bogger44

Had a lot of fun building this one, as inaccurate as they are.  I built it to resemble the early carbureted version.  Competition Resins supplied the hood and the wheels all around.  Lots of parts were raided from my spare parts boxes: tires, wheel backs, seat, cam covers, oil filler caps (which you can't even see now lol), radiator hose, intake, carbs, and air intake tubes.  The tubes are a little short and don't quite reach to the radiator support but I'm ok with that.  The headers didn't have any collectors on them, so I fashioned some up with aluminum tubing.  Up front I drilled out the headlights & turn signals, while also removing the windshield wipers.  Paint is MM Hugger Orange over MM Flame Red.  This little bugger was a blast, and honestly it has become one of my favorite builds. 

2v2HGmkmFxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkyWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkgnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkndxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiudxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmi2rxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiHNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiE5xAKN8F.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Tom.  Removing the side trim is a little tedious & time consuming, but not all that bad.   I started by attacking the trim with an emery board, then followed up with a couple different grits of sandpaper.  Slow and steady is the key, stopping to check your progress often.

2v2Hn3YkoxAKN8F.jpg