Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
bogger44

Phil Bonner '65 Falcon FX

Recommended Posts

Had a lot of fun building this one, as inaccurate as they are.  I built it to resemble the early carbureted version.  Competition Resins supplied the hood and the wheels all around.  Lots of parts were raided from my spare parts boxes: tires, wheel backs, seat, cam covers, oil filler caps (which you can't even see now lol), radiator hose, intake, carbs, and air intake tubes.  The tubes are a little short and don't quite reach to the radiator support but I'm ok with that.  The headers didn't have any collectors on them, so I fashioned some up with aluminum tubing.  Up front I drilled out the headlights & turn signals, while also removing the windshield wipers.  Paint is MM Hugger Orange over MM Flame Red.  This little bugger was a blast, and honestly it has become one of my favorite builds. 

2v2HGmkmFxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkyWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkgnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmkndxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiudxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmi2rxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiHNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2HGmiE5xAKN8F.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work Tony especially with removing the side trim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very, VERY nice (except for the red spider) and you did an EXCELLENT job taking off the side chrome trim. You're inspiring me to try doing it to mine. VERY well done and model on! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a real beauty !  Your mods really make a difference , great work !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

Red spider???.... What red spider???.. ?

Nice build!!!!!!...... ??

I believe he is talking about  the engine wiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks much guys.  Yeah the red wiring isn't correct.  It was the closest I had to the light orange wiring I saw in a lot of the old pics of these motors while researching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tom.  Removing the side trim is a little tedious & time consuming, but not all that bad.   I started by attacking the trim with an emery board, then followed up with a couple different grits of sandpaper.  Slow and steady is the key, stopping to check your progress often.

2v2Hn3YkoxAKN8F.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...