Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Cobra hot Rod

cobraman

This was made from a glue bomb that was donated by member Dave . It required more work to try and save than I thought possible but wanted to do something with it . I cut the front end off and then trimmed the front and took a slice out of that and put the sections back together . Other parts were taken from the AMT 25 Ford kit . Rear flares from the 25 kit . Painted De Ja Blue and cleared with Wet Look Clear . 

90C74434-358D-457D-B90A-79DBC7671B0F.jpeg

3B7E6159-6C88-4848-A811-7D11698A2C98.jpeg

94B9BC63-5502-4450-8596-E94C19DA301D.jpeg

4034390F-AD8F-4F9C-BDCC-FB3CA03570B4.jpeg

5 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Sure is different. Is it Cobra sacrilege?

No Jim, it is not. Nobody loves Cobra's more than I do and I would venture to say not many folks have the Cobra collection I have. It is a model. No real Cobra's have been damaged in the making of this model. ?

8 hours ago, spike morelli said:

Cobra Sacrilege is putting a small block Chevy in your Cobra. ( Not that you did ) Just sayin'....It'd be like putting a 289 Hi-Po in your '63 Split Window 'Vette.....

LOL.   Especially in light of Carroll Shelby asking Chevy for a couple free otoros to start his project and being rejected.   

Love the hot rod version.   these are models afterall.