Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari F8 Tributo review

Yea, it's okay.  If you gave me that car, I would enjoy it.  I had 4 point belts in my MINI Coopers, at first thought it was weird to use daily, then thought if I got in a wreck with the OE belts and got injured, would be pissed.  Yes they were a PITA to put on, but didn't need adjusting every time.  I liked being strapped in, now OE belts feel like I'm floating around, clinging to the steering wheel for dear life on my favorite roads that are way better than what he has.

I used to have to tighten my harness after each session on track, race or practice. It's surprising how much load they have to take. But I never wear the OE belts in any vehicle unless the Bill are behind me. 

The Ferrari is OK but I'll have a 365GTC please:

Ferrari 365 GTC: Ferrari History

A proper Ferrari hot rod.

11 hours ago, DonW said:

May the spirit of  Gioacchino Colombo haunt your dreams! ?

That'd be OK. He'd be a fun guy to know. I rather like his engines, and Lampredi's as well.

They're all beautiful little mechanical jewels, a treat to work on, drive, or hear them when they're on-song...and lord knows they've made me some money.

Still, it's hard to beat an old dinosaur of an American V8 for gobs of instant torque and the reliability of a stone ax.

15 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That'd be OK. He'd be a fun guy to know. I rather like his engines, and Lampredi's as well.

They're all beautiful little mechanical jewels, a treat to work on, drive, or hear them when they're on-song...and lord knows they've made me some money.

Still, it's hard to beat an old dinosaur of an American V8 for gobs of instant torque and the reliability of a stone ax.

True enough. If I were prone to envy, I'd be green with it for your experience. But given my (lack of) proper mechanical aptitude and limited funds I'm happy enough with my BMWs as an affordable best of both worlds. Which is probably a bit off-topic...