Model Cars Magazine Forum

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Excellent work so far!

I love these kits. Have a stack of them in the stash, and plan to eventually build all of the liveries I've found for these. I think I'm up to 6.

Cool! The only other one I know of is the Jaeggermeister. What are the others? 

5 hours ago, Brizio said:

Cool cars! I had a friend that was a mechanic on these cars. I saw Nannini, Larini cars so mani times, during the DTM races. Impressive cars! A fun fact, is that under the body, drivetrain etc, is from the Lancia Delta. :)

I didnt know that. I have a Lancia Delta to build with an engine bay from Ukraine Models. Did you check out the 1/12 Lancia Delta coming from Italeri ?

41 minutes ago, dougwintz said:

Cool! The only other one I know of is the Jaeggermeister. What are the others? 

Jagermeister of course.

1461899131_Alfa-Jager.JPG.d43f3db09be7f03527a2910effa7c68e.JPG

White Martini

675983833_Alfa-WhiteMartini.JPG.87fe2e836e826fcc1fd6f92312445cb1.JPG

Red Martini (never kitted)

1245053610_Alfa-RedMartini.JPG.1baac861f333ae7e0b6ff9dbf93025d0.JPG

Bosch (Tamiya made one, but hard to find)

2008427162_ALfa-Bosch.JPG.f6dd4d550ce4a3aca7241a1a7df2931d.JPG

Dekra

1578820282_Alfa-Dekra.JPG.17458b13b63d00f685126f9e782fc408.JPG

RTL (never kitted)

336145809_Alfa-RTL.JPG.d667925a0cca465a2bb32ef6e9baa333.JPG

TV Spielfilm (never kitted)

1434320298_ALfa-Spielfilm.JPG.5db352cb96c0c2a1e50e71cfd1c804da.JPG

And if you want to get technical, the red prototype/launch car

1185059659_Alfa-Red.JPG.d6896bb98baf8e810d8cce51face0f09.JPG

Doug...looks real good. Getting those Martini stripes on the hood without wrinkles is a real challenge. I thought I didn't have this livery in my collection but I should have checked before I ordered one. Yep...its there. So I am going to do the red Martini version and ordered the CF and decals (which cost more than the kit BTW) I will use your WIP as a guide so I appreciate your post and the effort you put into it. 

On 11/29/2020 at 3:04 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

Doug...looks real good. Getting those Martini stripes on the hood without wrinkles is a real challenge. I thought I didn't have this livery in my collection but I should have checked before I ordered one. Yep...its there. So I am going to do the red Martini version and ordered the CF and decals (which cost more than the kit BTW) I will use your WIP as a guide so I appreciate your post and the effort you put into it. 

Hey Rich, thanks for the comments. If you end up building the same model I did, the trick is that you really have to put all the hood and side decals on in one sitting. The decals for the hood overlap - of course they don't tell you HOW they overlap, you just have to figure it out. Then the side decals have to line up. So block off the time, and breath deep. (But don't hyperventilate). In my kit, there was one red decal that wasn't called out in the instructions, and I used it as a doner to patch the blocks of red color if they tore during the setting process. Lucky break there. Attached are a couple of shots of the fenders. I went as far as I could without risking having them tear. 

Where did you get the decals you are using for your version of the Alfa? 

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

10 hours ago, dougwintz said:

Hey Rich, thanks for the comments. If you end up building the same model I did, the trick is that you really have to put all the hood and side decals on in one sitting. The decals for the hood overlap - of course they don't tell you HOW they overlap, you just have to figure it out. Then the side decals have to line up. So block off the time, and breath deep. (But don't hyperventilate). In my kit, there was one red decal that wasn't called out in the instructions, and I used it as a doner to patch the blocks of red color if they tore during the setting process. Lucky break there. Attached are a couple of shots of the fenders. I went as far as I could without risking having them tear. 

Where did you get the decals you are using for your version of the Alfa? 

IMG_4732.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

Doug....I cheated when I did mine.  I  airbrushed the red on then cut the dk blue/lt blue stripe away and applied them as seperate decals. It also meant matching the red carefully. I have had to do this for many of my other Martini variations so it seemed to be the logical choice.  I liked the way mine turned out. The decals for the all red version are Studio 27. 
They also made the carbon fibre set which I ordered too. I got them off 'Ebay from a seller I know personally in Belgium. He's not cheap but usually has what I want. 

DSC07139.JPG