Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Chevelle SS396.....

cruz

Hi there my fellow glue sniffers, hope all is well. Just finished this ugly thing and wanted to share it with you all. Kit builds well until you mate the chassis to the body so make sure you glue everything well and strong, you will regret it if you don't. Other than that, it truly is a fun kit to build and simulates the real one well. Pictures still don't show the true color but it's close enough. Color is MCW Finishes Frost Green Metallic and I used MCW Finishes Medium Green Poly for the interior, both  factory colors. The interior was treated with a few aftermarket goodies including embossing powder rugs and a Hurst shifter from Detail Master. I also added seat belts with photo etch hardware. The engine was wired and plumbed and treated with a few other minor details. The Holley carburetor is from Fireball Modelworks. After the addition of the molding from Evergreen that separates the roof from the body,  used MCW Finishes texture paint to simulate the vinyl top. I couldn't acquire the factory color for the roof from MCW or anyone else for that matter so I decided to match the real color by using Tamiya Nato Green on top of the black textured paint. I think it's the best match for this. Wheels and Tires are from one of the AMT wheel and tire packs. Hope you guys like this thing...... 

ss26.jpg

ss27.jpg

ss29.jpg

ss30.jpg

ss32.jpg

ss22.jpg

ss23.jpg

ss18.jpg

ss5.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fantom said:

Please tell us about that air filter! Awsome work!!

I purchased that air filter at a model car show years ago, it was offered by Replicas and Miniatures but I don't think he offers it anymore. If he does, I am getting another five dozen of them......

9 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I think it actually looks better without the stripe, very nice colour and the vinyl roof tops it off nicely. Love the engine detail, the brake pipes and the vacuum hose for the booster are great touches. Very nice build.

Thank you Garreth, I would have loved using the side decals as well but when you compare it to the real one it just doesn't look right. There is a lot of space between the door handle and the door lock on the real image but not the same on the actual model. Also, the shape at the ends are not even close, they are simply too thick....

ss45.jpg

ss41.jpg