Model Cars Magazine Forum

Muleskinner's AMT log trailer tutorial: where do I find it?

Thank you JimB.  That timbershop is a terrific resource.  I'd >never< heard of it.  I tried registering but no luck;  must be part of it's being, "defunct."    However, in spite of seeing Muleskinner posts, still cannot find his tutorial on the log trailer.  Going back now to continue looking.....

Whew!!!  I just finished going through everything I could find on the timbershop site.  Great stuff.  I DID find a Muleskinner article on correcting the undersized reach of the AMT log trailer.  Is that what all of you were referring to?  It is good and I saved all of it I could.  Too bad many of the photos scattered through those postings are now gone.

Well, I guess I don't hit, 'return," when I'm still typing.  

QUESTION:  Is there a way to directly contact Muleskinner?????  I'm thinking he and I have some ground many years ago, primarily in the region he apparently lives in and worked in.  Key word:  Rogan Coombs.

Dennis Thompson, once residing along 101;  Humboldt/Mendocino County line area.................

Looks as if I answered my own question:  as I searched muleskinner's name it looks as if he is no longer with us.  I realize I am really late in finding these forums and the timbershop site.  I wonder if there are any other, currently operating, logging truck/equipment modeling forums out there??????????????

Thank you all for the help I've received here,

Dennis

Wow.  How tragic.  Yet, his legend lives on here.  I have a hunch he and I walked common ground in the NorCal Humboldt County country.  I was partially raised down there before returning to Washington state.  Many, many times I watched logging trucks come down the grade next to our house trailing water from the brakes near the Humboldt/Mendocino County line along 101.