Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you say and try not to buy any more kits but

6 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

About ten years ago I ran out of room for more models.. so I did the right thing.. I bought a bigger house!  ?

Sounds about right!! My hobby room was just that, now it is a 1/4 of my basement. :) 

2 things I cannot pass on are good deals and new releases. When I'm on a building hiatus my buying does slow but deals and something I've always liked/wanted is released so I buy them. 

When the pandemic hit and lockdown happened I bought a kit for the first time in nearly thirty years. It was the Revel Ford Torino, it was only meant to be a one off. I never once thought I'd buy another kit, but here I am 28 builds later, a member of a model kit forum and now I'm starting to buy kits I want to do before I've finished the current one. I have three boxes on my table now and a Buick Wildcat currently on it's way in the post, Lol.

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Do you ever say and try not to buy anymore kit but still buy them. Seems like an addiction. 

I keep saying all the time, never seems to happen, although in my defence I do get a few free kits to build for magazine reviews. 

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

About ten years ago I ran out of room for more models.. so I did the right thing.. I bought a bigger house!  ?

Earlier in the year I moved half of my stash down to our flat in London, I've already bought a few more kits since....

There’s no such thing as having too many model kits....?

However, I’m always looking for great prices on kits from my youth years on eBay. Gotta build up a stash of auto kits, ya know. I’ve got a decent stash of aircraft kits though. Now I need to build up a little ship stash and armor.

Edited by BlackSheep214

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

I think I will end up stopping when the pile of models falls over and kills my dumb butt! 

I actually had a "wall of kits" collapse and fall on me last year. If it had been bricks or cinderblocks, I'd have been dead! :blink:

Similar but different, I keep telling myself I am not going to build any more scratchbuilt or semi scratchbuilt models, just ones that are stored one to a box so that as my completed model tally goes up, my stash drops in size.  good plan, eh?

Been trying for ten years.  Built eighteen models this year, exactly two came from a single kit box.  Nahhh, not working for me!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton