Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 11/29/2020 at 6:58 AM, landman said:

I'd likely have an entry as well. We are planning to move which could interfere with the build but it costs nothing to try. I'll go stare at some boxes and make a decisuion.

I stared at the boxes and nothing there said BRBO. So this will be my entry if it is eligible. A 1938 GMC cabover car hauler similar to the one in the photo.

DM_38_GMC_CUSTOM_CAR_HAULER_(12).thumb.JPG.9be6f7f9af48d775ae816cb97047860d.jpg

JF 38 GMC COE.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm still waiting on some things to be delivered this coming week (including the trailer I'm mentioning here), but I think I've decided what I'm going to try as my entry. Since I've never built a truck kit (and haven't built much of anything, like, 1.5-2 kits per year average the last decade, LOL) I think I'm going to build the Revell W900 snapper based loosely as a truck that I drove in the later 90's when I pulled a flat bed going on memory, I'll have to change the sleeper a bit (no raised roof on the 1:1) and add a few things so should still be a challenge to unrust my building, and going to use a newer reissue of AMT's flatbed kit for the trailer (pic is from the eBay ad where I bought it, it hasn't come in yet).

It may be a week or so before I actually get started, I really want to finish up a pickup truck that's stalled on the bench (I don't have room to build both at the same time anyways, LOL), but pretty anxious to get on this :D

IMG_4741.JPG

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I bowed out of the 2020 build but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring. I will not be resuming my '74 KW from last year as I've decided that needs to be done on my own time. I'm going to do something a bit less involved (HA!) this time around but I haven't decided what. It'll either be a fresh build of an International 4300 or a glue bomb revival of an International 4070A or 4200. Regardless, it's a Cornbinder for me for 2021!

Ok, count me in for 2021 also. However I may be delayed a bit on starting. I want to do one of the kits that is not due out till Q1 or Q2 of this year. I am thinking the Ford LTL 9000 and the new Möebius spread axle flat bed. The load is TBD. 
If I can’t get this combo I will pull from my stash, but this is plan A. 
I am doing the CBR right now and so the BRBO will be down the road anyway. 

Great to have ya along Scott and Casey ! Both builds sound fantastic. Hopefully that spread axle flat bed makes it  to retailers soon its very desirable 

Casey glad ya could rejoin us !  Really fun choices with the IH family . My step dad drove a 9300, w tri axle Mac dump im supposed to build if the squirrels ever leave me alone awhile! 

3 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Would I be able to join in on the BRBO? What's the rules, deadline, etc?

Your definitely able to join us , there's really no rules per say . Start a separate post w brbo 21 in title and build away . Theres no requirement for monthly updates this time,  deadline is June 30th . Once your builds complete,  post a few photos under glass .

Thats about it welcome to the brbo 21 

2 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Your definitely able to join us , there's really no rules per say . Start a separate post w brbo 21 in title and build away . Theres no requirement for monthly updates this time,  deadline is June 30th . Once your builds complete,  post a few photos under glass .

Thats about it welcome to the brbo 21 

I thought the deadline was the same as previous years. End of December.