Model Cars Magazine Forum

ok, great stuff. I've chosen my entry, a Kenworth Aerodyne cabover. The date on the instruction booklet says 1987, so the poor thing has been packed in the box for 34 years! Anyway, really looking forward to building this, it's my first proper big rig kit. My first was basically a snap kit Peterbilt, so wish me luck!

20120716_173818.JPG

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Correct the brbo runs 6 months 

Oh, I thought it ran to December, LOL, no biggie, thanks for letting me know, brother ? I probably need that extra motivation to kick myself in gear anyways ? I guess I need to get cracking on it ?? We're fixing to head to my wife's cousin's burial out of town in just a few minutes (it's about 1 1/2 hour away), I'll try to at least get the box open and a thread made later today when we get back.

5 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Sorry to hear about your loss sir , don't feel rushed in any way. If we need a year to get everyone finished I totally would extend deadline to dec thats not a problem 

Couple builders here are almost done now lol

Thanks, my friend (on both counts). It was her older cousin, just barely made it to his 57th birthday (I'm 47, my wife is 48 fwiw), and pancreatic cancer took him, he'd been released from hospice a couple weeks ago to go home. He, as long as I've known him (29 years) has been the happiest, most jolly man who loved people that I've ever personally known (he was the first, and the most consistent through through most of those 29 years being married to his cousin, to treat me like beloved family), he is missed already. ?

But anyways, we're back, sometime this evening I'll get a thread up ??

Edited by Olskoolrodder

5 hours ago, Bennyg said:

I had a slack year modelling last year. I didn’t complete my BRBO project and I hope to get that done too. I only completed 1 kit (Tamiya GR Supra 1/24). Maybe I go for a box stock Mack R series?

Ben

Great to have ya join us Ben , the build off runs till June 30th . Please post a separate thread of your build once you begin, and thanks for following 

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

Jeff are you going to be putting a list of all the BRBO builders and builds together for this year’s 2021 BRBO ?

Yup , this page kinda became the official brbo post so I'll have a moderator update the first post to list all our entrants and builds.  Thanks for reminding me 

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I have no idea how some of you do things so quickly. lolz.

I've barley opened the box to look at parts on my entry.

Lol I washed all the resin parts for mine , then the furry critters got me sidetracked painting a 59 impala..ridiculous squirrels 

3 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

I'm going to make this my official BRBO entry...At least something very similar.... Got really busy late last year and couldn't really concentrate any effort to getting this one going, but I feel I'm ready, now....

###############5bfa292eeae2f3fe4f63362c724f5a6e.jpg

Yes !!!! 

23 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

I'm going to make this my official BRBO entry...At least something very similar.... Got really busy late last year and couldn't really concentrate any effort to getting this one going, but I feel I'm ready, now....

###############5bfa292eeae2f3fe4f63362c724f5a6e.jpg

Holy cow,JT! Can’t wait to see this one!

7 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Still possible to get in on the build 

Couldn't really complete the last one as health issues got in the way

Sure can !  Deadline for completion is June 30th right now , and feel free to start a new post with your project.  Glad your feeling better and welcome back

• Xingu unpinned this topic