Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Jeff, I might join in if it’s not too late. Haven’t built a rig since I was about 11-12 years old, 40ish years ago! Is the deadline in June? Not sure I can pull that off.... 

Steve

Its not too late , welcome aboard ! If people need an extension ill likely just extend the deadline to dec . 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, gotnitro? said:

Its not too late , welcome aboard ! If people need an extension ill likely just extend the deadline to dec . 

If possible can I switch out my entry to my KW W900 I bought last month?  Not happy with my Pete 359 progress. If not I understand. 

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE !!!!! The BRBO 21 deadline is extended till Dec 31st   !!! This will allow everyone time during the warmer months to enjoy being outside , then resume work as the temps drop again . Plus it should allow more folks to complete their builds and more finishers the better !!! 

Hopefully those who have finished their entries won't be upset by the change,  

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 6:51 AM, gotnitro? said:

UPDATE !!!!! The BRBO 21 deadline is extended till Dec 31st   !!! This will allow everyone time during the warmer months to enjoy being outside , then resume work as the temps drop again . Plus it should allow more folks to complete their builds and more finishers the better !!! 

Jeff

Or build more trucks lol 

Scott,

Sending prayers your way to help you recover from your recent illness.

I like your choice of color. Looking forward to seeing what the graphics will look like .

Be Well

Gator

On 5/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, gatorincebu said:

Scott,

Sending prayers your way to help you recover from your recent illness.

I like your choice of color. Looking forward to seeing what the graphics will look like .

Be Well

Gator

Thanks for the prayers Gator👍It has been rough.I hope to get back to building soon!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

It's been ages, but I'm actually making progress on my build. Will try and update my thread soon. Truck chassis is done. Interior is started. Trailer is pretty much finished.

:)

I might actually finish this one.

Great, I look forward to seeing it. 
I have a new project I want to start, but made myself a promise not to start till other projects are done, so I finished my BRBO last night. 
I still need to get decent pictures, but it’s done. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 5:15 AM, Bennyg said:

I’m glad that deadline has extended! I’ve only just got some time to get back to the bench next week.

Ben

Glad your still joining us Ben ! I've been seriously behind working on my build , outdoor projects have kept me busy this yr . We replaced an aging 10x12 deck w a much larger one..and been enjoying the extra space 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 8:51 AM, gotnitro? said:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff 

• 3 weeks later...

Nearing the end of another month,  sounds like deja vu..several builds are still going on and many are wrapping up or complete

I've been slacking big time about working on my project , have zero ambition of sitting at the bench . Walked by it this wknd , and pondered sitting down for awhile..then noticed the sun outdoors.

It made me laugh when the thought crossed my mind that this hobby is like that..itll be right there waiting patiently for ya until the times right..like a good dog . Seems ironic now that my builds a Brockway Husky 

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Nearing the end of another month,  sounds like deja vu..several builds are still going on and many are wrapping up or complete

I've been slacking big time about working on my project , have zero ambition of sitting at the bench . Walked by it this wknd , and pondered sitting down for awhile..then noticed the sun outdoors.

It made me laugh when the thought crossed my mind that this hobby is like that..itll be right there waiting patiently for ya until the times right..like a good dog . Seems ironic now that my builds a Brockway Husky 

That’s the way this hobby is. You go weeks working hard on a project, then something else comes up and you don’t get to the bench for a while. 
This is a good thing. It allows us to control the hobby, not it controlling us. 
Don’t worry about it, just try to have fun. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks to everyone that joined up this year for the 2021 BRBO, and with just a few months left were getting close to picking a winner ! 

I planned making a complete list of those who entered..and then I  slacked off  that didn't happen sorry. I did just take a stroll thru the Under glass section ,and found 10 completed builds !! The list of finishers up this point are...

Mopar-D Dan Gurney AAR Cuda hauler

Bronze keg- Autocar dump truck

casey 429 - IH F4270

carstruck4you - KW L924 logger

Oldmopars - Freightliner

Sam I Am - GMC Crackerbox

Dutzie - Ford CL 9000

Driptroit 71 - Ford T8000

doorsovdoon - KW Aerodyne coe

landman - 1938 GMC car hauler 

if I missed anyone, please let me know !  

I see plenty of builds still in progress, including mine so there's a chance for another record finish !

Jeff

Edited by gotnitro?
added landman

• 1 month later...

We're nearing the end of the BRBO 21 , only a few short weeks to go !! Really looking forward to posting everyone's finished builds together to celebrate another brbo in the books ! 

Plenty of time left for the builders to complete their projects and join the finishers group

Huge thanks again to gw trucks for sponsoring this year BRBO and everyone for their participation. 

• Xingu unpinned this topic