Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Racing XKE

Just now, Gramps46 said:

Mike,  I have a photo file on this car including pictures the Collier Museum sent me of the interior which is green by the way.  Send me a PM if interested.

Gary

Thanks Gary , but this one will be my own spin and will put in a roll bar and such. I may even try a scratch built side exhaust.

Mike

3 minutes ago, Misha said:

Great weathering detail on the engine Mike!  Also like the Rudge style steel wheels rather than the laces. Any car that can wear a number is a thoroughbred, which your build of this classic promises to be.

Cheers Misha

Thanks Misha, I hope so, Mike

How is the overall quality of the kit??

I'll be honest, I'm tempted because who doesn't like the look of those jags? But. . . my experience with Heller has been less than stellar.  So far, I've done their old, 1980s release Bentley Blower, and their Peugeot 205 Group B rally car. The bentley was a pretty good kit, the Peugeot. . .well, the less said the better.

30 minutes ago, Ensis Ferrae said:

How is the overall quality of the kit??

I'll be honest, I'm tempted because who doesn't like the look of those jags? But. . . my experience with Heller has been less than stellar.  So far, I've done their old, 1980s release Bentley Blower, and their Peugeot 205 Group B rally car. The bentley was a pretty good kit, the Peugeot. . .well, the less said the better.

It is not a great kit but a little better than SOME Monograms and not as good a new Revell.

Thanks , Mike

Got a tiny bit more done. Roll Bar is done. Dash and wheel are done. sanded and primed body and nose. Side exhaust is completed.

No picture of front end yet as I went overboard with primer. I did get the grill opening re-shaped.

Mike

DSCN5328.JPG

DSCN5329.JPG

DSCN5330.JPG

DSCN5331.JPG

• 7 months later...