Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bobthehobbyguy

Revell 1932 Ford Roadster 25th scale

It was my understanding that there was an issue with the Revell 1932 Ford roadster and using the fender option. I thought that it was a mismatch between sides. I am in the process of doing  a full fendered 3 window and tried the roadster and it didn't look like there was an issue. Does anyone have any more information on what the issue was?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve just been messing with one of these and didn’t spot any issue, although I’m not ready to glue it together here yet either...do you remember what the issue was, roughly?

The problem was the roadster body was the same for right and left which prevented the fender option from working. I had heard that was way the full fender option was not available on the roadster.

I built one way back in the day when they were first released. All I did was switch the bodies. No problems at all.

A friend of mine did a Roadster with the fenders from the 3W Coupe and as I recall he had no issues with it.

Hi Bob!

On the 1/1 cars, I remember that there was a difference between the roadster and closed cars rear fenders. Something to do with the actual radius of the fender. If Revell were scrupulous to the dimensions of the roadster, therefore, the coupe or sedan fender unit might not fit. 

But since Revell certainly had planned for many derivatives on the same frame or platform, I'd be surprised they resisted having a "one size fits all". 

Just my two cents, for what it's worth...

CT