Model Cars Magazine Forum

First build in 10 years!

raisin27

Started this over 10 years ago and dropped out of the hobby when it was about half done. I am retired now and that along with the Covid situation has gotten me back to the modeling bench. My first attempt is to finish this one. Been working on the engine bay and the outside details. I must say these parts are a lot smaller than they were ten years ago!

Gunfighter f.JPG

Gunfighter c.JPG

Gunfighter d.JPG

Gunfighter b.JPG

Gunfighter a.JPG

• Like 1

Wow Mike! That is really awsome...the engine detail is very well done with the wiring, distributor plugs/wires. Nicely finished!

There seems to be more than a few of us just coming off of 10 year dry spells, as I too am one of them...So, welcome back?

Welcome back and great finish.  Many of us have some kits we started last century. ?  I’m trying to finish a MPC Cobra II from a kit plus parts from Missing Link.  I built the AMT kit as a 1974 V6 Mach1 but I think your build would be a little faster in the 1/4 mile.   Keep up the great work.  There are many resin parts that were not even available ten years ago.

25 minutes ago, lordgodbob said:

very cool. These are underrated cars, they look fantastic as Pro Stockers!

Indeed they do. I just got the Slixx decals for Dyno Don's. Maybe I'll build it at the same time I'm doing the new Jenkins Vega kit. B)

Mr. Raisin27, it is great to see you back at it. Your builds on the SA forum years ago were always some of my favourites. I have wondered where you disappeared to. I'm glad you're back at it.

Great looking Mustang. Nice clean detailing, and you nailed the stance. Very well done!