Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iwata Trigger Airbrush

I have a Mr. Hobby PS-290, which (apart from the built in pressure screw) is identical to the Iwata HP-TH. Both are manufactured by Olympos, as most Japanese airbrushes, and spare parts are interchangable.

I'm very happy with it, but I think adding the grip is a must.

Edited by mattg

LO

Look at this Procon PS-290

Same quality half the price. When you get a trigger type nothing else will be as fun to use. I have this airbrush and absolutely love it. I think the pre-order thing is a website error. I have had mine for 2 years and there are 25 reviews.. Contact them if you are interested.

Edited by 935k3

9 minutes ago, mattg said:

I have a Mr. Hobby PS-290, which (apart from the built in pressure screw) is identical to the Iwata HP-TH. Both are manufactured by Olympos, as most Japanese Airbrushes, and spare parts are interchangable.

I agree about the grip. I got the one for the Tamiya trigger type and it fits perfectly.

3 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

The PS-275/290 looks great but the Iwata  (for $129.00 less 40% at HobbyLobby) is more in my price range.

Does your HL allow discounts on airbrushes? The ones around here have the "your price" stickers on them and the coupon does not apply.

1 hour ago, High octane said:

How does the Iwata compare to the GREX airbrush?

I think the Grex has an extra seal that can be problematic from what I have read on other forums. For the money the Procon /Mister Hobby cannot be beat. The trigger type is addicting in a good way.  I have two Iwatas and the PS290 spray and quality are very much the same

3 hours ago, 935k3 said:

I think the Grex has an extra seal that can be problematic from what I have read on other forums. For the money the Procon /Mister Hobby cannot be beat. The trigger type is addicting in a good way.  I have two Iwatas and the PS290 spray and quality are very much the same

Dale is right, once I got the PS275/90 I havent gone back to using my Iwata's ,I just got so addicted to using it( I only really use the PS275)

• 1 month later...

On 11/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, mattg said:

I have a Mr. Hobby PS-290, which (apart from the built in pressure screw) is identical to the Iwata HP-TH. Both are manufactured by Olympos, as most Japanese airbrushes, and spare parts are interchangable.

Got the PS-275 from my Daughter for Christmas but waiting for a suitable day to try it out. 

Where can I find the "grip" you guys' talk about?? I can't find one online anywhere.

42 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Got the PS-275 from my Daughter for Christmas but waiting for a suitable day to try it out. 

Where can I find the "grip" you guys' talk about?? I can't find one online anywhere.

I have these 2 airbrushes. The NEO has a pistol grip. The GSI doesn't. The NEO is .3 and the GSI Creos Mr. Airbrush Procon Boy PS-290 0.5mm Pistol Trigger Typeneo.png.bd6a871d758374ed09823bf67b70ad5a.png843327297_gsi290.png.e90b15186a10f4917bcf2183c7978c07.png is .5.