Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
TonyK

Revell Jeep decal goof

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard if Revell has plans to replace the Jeep "Lifegaurd" decals? Been tempted to get this kit but the decals turn me off to build the beach patrol version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought of that and it might be possible. I'd probably screw it up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they spelled “Lifegourd!” Who does that? 

It insulted a lot of gourds, pumpkins and other melons.

 

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny part is people building it as it is! Instead to cut the decal and swap the letters. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 10:46 AM, Danno said:

Yeah, they spelled “Lifegourd!” Who does that? 

Probably didn't want to get sued for licensing from the lifeguard lawyers. ?

c9d3d7ae-f08e-468a-addf-080ab5268864.thumb.jpg.a9cdd26ef3313ff2bddb3f31ce7eeed3.jpg

Edited by Oldcarfan27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Probably didn't want to get sued for licensing from the lifeguard lawyers. ?

 

Now that's funny right there, Patric! 

????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tempted to by the kit, paint it orange, and change the a to an o. "Lifegourd" Maybe put a pumpkin decal on the doors and hood. 

Edited by Draggon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draggon said:

I'm tempted to by the kit, paint it orange, and change the a to an o. "Lifegourd" Maybe put a pumpkin decal on the doors and hood. 

If just one vegetable is saved, then it would all be worth it. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the kit and was surprised/happy to see a new correct decal sheet. Lifeguard is spelled right. Don't know how you would know from the box but I ordered online so had no idea until I opened the box. Anyway, good for Revell for fixing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyK said:

Bought the kit and was surprised/happy to see a new correct decal sheet. Lifeguard is spelled right. Don't know how you would know from the box but I ordered online so had no idea until I opened the box. Anyway, good for Revell for fixing this.

That's good to hear!   Glad they corrected it.

Now, did it have five tires? 

 ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Revell corrected the mistake that now makes the original, wrong, decal sheet rare and worth a lot of money, right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...