Model Cars Magazine Forum

'84 Hurst/Olds

Quiet Eric

Done for a birth-year community build on another site. There aren't a lot of kits out there for '84. Almost went with the Deserter GMC but I'm not much on trucks and being pretty partial to BOP stuff, figured I could fudge the Revell '83 H/O into an '84. If you followed the build thread then you'll know everything went south with the clearcoat but there wasn't any turning back. It's obviously lowered quite a bit from stock and the wheels are from a Revell '62 Impala kit. I was able to trim the kit decals enough to work with the color swap. All chrome done with Molotov.

IMG_E0383[1].JPG

EA129AF0-3313-4925-B152-80552DAA9B21.jpeg.f5c4eb04c11d81d2d02fa56689393983.jpeg

IMG_1040[1].JPG

IMG_1042[1].JPG

IMG_1044[1].JPG

IMG_1048[1].JPG

IMG_1049[1].JPG

Thanks all! Glad you like it.

4 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Turned out great, I really like this. The clearcoat issue you had has made it look exactly like a car that's just been jet washed after being covered in lichen for years. A new set of wheels, clean plugs and she's driving again after sitting twenty years! Nice.

A lot of folks have mentioned it looks about as good as the factory paint was on these cars, so I'll just pretend it was all on purpose!

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

I like it. What paint did you use on the interior ?

It was some Krylon satin burgundy that I have had for a few years and think I bought by mistake once.