Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford "Altered"

Painted Black

Got started on a new project over the weekend, starting with a well used AMT body and frame,

DSCN5283.JPG.6674a099ca27daaa5acc8885d4070c25.JPG

Got the body cleaned up and drilled some "air" holes in the trunk lid, fresh coat of primer, also remove the extra material around the cowl. Tried out a set of wheels and tires that look pretty good to me.

DSCN5290.JPG.b32dc26c191bfd460f3ea0659c70af69.JPG

Engine will be a blown FE set back about half way thru the body...

Stay toon!!

On 11/23/2020 at 9:05 AM, Painted Black said:

Hey Snake, not trying to get technical with it, just having fun.B)

Some of those cars engines were back a good bit. Those guys were masters of finding ways to bend the rules back then. Your build looks great.

1_2483_orig.jpg

1_2491_orig.jpg

1_2490_orig.jpg

Edited by Scott8950
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 7:45 AM, Scott8950 said:

Some of those cars engines were back a good bit. Those guys were masters of finding ways to bend the rules back then. Your build looks great.

I believe all three of these are Comp coupes. You can go from wrong to correct, just by changing the class designation. ?

9 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I believe all three of these are Comp coupes. You can go from wrong to correct, just by changing the class designation. ?

yes but alot of those cars ran altered and comp. My point was that alot of those cars were not 100% built by a rulebook, those guys were masters at bending the rules like Smokey yunick who was probably the best at it. You are correct a different class can change everything. 

Edited by Scott8950

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

yes but alot of those cars ran altered and comp. My point was that alot of those cars were not 100% built by a rulebook, those guys were masters at bending the rules like Smokey yunick who was probably the best at it. You are correct a different class can change everything. 

Not to mention that unsanctioned local tracks could and would create their own class designations. You're right, those guys were slick!