Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Bobtail "T"

Sam I Am

Finally had enough good weather to get some pics. This started out as a combo between a glue bomb and a partially started kit. One of which was an original issue.  I have not completed a 1/8 build ever. Last aborted attempt was when I was 10-11 years old. Even though there are a few things I would do differently,  and a few more details I would add, I am just happy to have one under the belt. I am also pleased with how it turned out.

20201123_111043.jpg

20201123_111100.jpg

20201123_111110.jpg

20201123_111121.jpg

20201123_111139.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

Sam, This turned out very well.  I like the simple use of green, white and black with very minimal chrome on a couple of accent pieces - Clean paintwork and assembly - Well done.  I have a partially built original kit that a buddy gave me long ago.  He acquired it from a thrift store - I can see him now opening the box once, saw the soft vinyl interior parts and that was enough.   He upholstered cars and air planes for a living.  I figured with his experience, if he couldn't wrestle the vinyl pieces into place, there was no way that I could do it.  You get extra respect from me for making that work.

3 hours ago, JasonC said:

Whats the difference between this kit and the Big Red Rod? Cause i just finished the Big Red Rod and looking at them, they seem to be the same. 

The Big Red Rod is the current re-issue of the Bobtail T.   So yes, they are the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, #1 model citizen said:

The green paint is perfect!

Thanks!

I was waiting until the display case was finished before posting one last picture. The neighbor provided some tiger wood for the base, then I cleaned up the tank...ummm...display case, and voila! 

20201209_170523.jpg

• 2 weeks later...