Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws, Fastest in America

On 11/25/2020 at 3:49 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Exactly. Get rid of the drama and over the top characters, and most would tune right out.

I watched the first season and it’s really out of hand with the drama and childish actions...I stopped watching a long time ago..

• I enjoy the show but its not one I plan my day around. Its more something I'll watch in the background while I'm at the bench, but I do save them to watch at work too. One thing I've noticed about the okc group is farm truck and azn being missing, they were the highlight of the show for me and seemed like the most fun to be around and had a really good atitude to racing

4 hours ago, raisin27 said:

To me if you have to trailer it then its not a street car. Years ago here in the Detroit area the heavy hitters would go on a little "cruise" before the race to weed out the pure race cars.

True but if your racing a car it pays to trailer it due to breakage. If you go on the okc youtube ch. you'll see multiple videos of chief and shawn driving thier cars around town. They even  have videos driving the crow and murder nova in snowy weather and picking kids up from school. I know these cars are anything but true street cars but still thats pretty respectable. Ryan martin was just at my local 1/8th mile track back in oct. and broke the track record he set the year before 3.69 @ 219 mph INSANELY FAST FOR A DOOR CAR.

Edited by Scott8950

On 11/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, Snake45 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. It was great watching that loudmouth woman ("Milk Cow") from Kentucky get beat 8-1 by Birdman and the rest of the Texas crew. Her child, "Milk Dud," tore the driveshaft out of his truck, which had absolutely no business being in this race. He's been on the show four times now talking trash and I've seen him win twice--both times by sitting when the other guy accidentally "jumped."  Everyone else he's raced has beaten him handily. 

Disturbing, though, was that there was a whole promo/commercial devoted to Milk Cow. I HOPE they are not planning to start a whole new Street Outlaws show about her and her foulmouthed, obnoxious doings. If they do, I for one won't watch it, much as I love all things Street Outlaw. She'd be much better off with some of the trash over on the Bravo channel. 

Me too, Snake. The only thing that woulda made it better is if it was a clean sweep. IMO, Milk Dud’s truck just doesn’t belong on Street Outlaws. What’d they say it has in it, a 327, IIRC? Sounds like someone’s shop truck, not a street racer. 

Anyways, next week oughta be pretty good. We’ll see if Block’s team is better than last year’s.

15 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

We’ll see if Block’s team is better than last year’s.

He has a better team but he still brought a bunch of small tires. It's hard for a small tire to run with a big tire on a unprepped surface and 1/8 mile makes it even tougher. Block's team will face blacksheep which is not in their favor at all.

Edited by Scott8950

• 1 month later...

Great season finale last Monday night! I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 

I wouldn't have been surprised if either team beat the other. But I was VERY surprised at the final score, 8-2. I thought sure this one would go 8-5 or 8-6, maybe even 8-7. But I don't believe any team all season ever came back from a 3-1 start, maybe not even from a 2-1 start. 

Looks like JJ will have a new car next season, a blue 1G Nova. Looks like Birdman has built a '69 Camaro to replace his totaled iconic 3G Firebird. 

I'm looking forward to the new season of the 405 starting this Monday. Been a while since we've seen what they're up to. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am REALLY enjoying the latest iteration, the 64-car Cash Days shootout. JJ and his A-Team, Big Chief and the 405 crew, Birdman (new car? We haven't seen him yet) and the Texas crew, Kye/Lizzie and NOLA, Chuckie and Detroit, Rankin, and many of the other heavy hitters from all over. JJ's new blue '65 Nova (so far unnamed) debuted in fantastic style, made it through the first two rounds and seems to go like stink! It's double elimination and Jeff Lutz of the 405 and Memphis's Don Gingrich have already been sent home. Murder Nova and Scott Taylor (among others) are fighting it out in the Loser's Bracket. 

Monday nights are exciting again! :D

On 11/25/2020 at 2:35 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Ugh, if there's one show I cannot stand, it's Street Outlaws. 

The characters are too loudmouth for my tastes. And everything turns into an argument or a fight. It's worse than Pinks.

Too much drama for me.

I agree 100%

On 1/27/2021 at 1:48 PM, Snake45 said:

I am REALLY enjoying the latest iteration, the 64-car Cash Days shootout. JJ and his A-Team, Big Chief and the 405 crew, Birdman (new car? We haven't seen him yet) and the Texas crew, Kye/Lizzie and NOLA, Chuckie and Detroit, Rankin, and many of the other heavy hitters from all over. JJ's new blue '65 Nova (so far unnamed) debuted in fantastic style, made it through the first two rounds and seems to go like stink! It's double elimination and Jeff Lutz of the 405 and Memphis's Don Gingrich have already been sent home. Murder Nova and Scott Taylor (among others) are fighting it out in the Loser's Bracket. 

Monday nights are exciting again! :D

JJ bought that car from axeman and he sold axeman the ugly duck chevy ll. I wasn't happy with how JJ changed to a different spot in the finale or how jj had the burnout box 70 ft. back from starting line. I'm happy to see the okc guys back on! 

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

JJ bought that car from axeman and he sold axeman the ugly duck chevy ll. I wasn't happy with how JJ changed to a different spot in the finale or how jj had the burnout box 70 ft. back from starting line. I'm happy to see the okc guys back on! 

Interesting! I'd have never guess that was the old Axeman car, what a difference a coat of blue paint makes! I know Ugly Duck suffered a fire of some sort. Saw it on a U2be vid today and it seems to be alive & well but it was being driven by Milk Dud, which really irritated me for some reason. :angry:

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Interesting! I'd have never guess that was the old Axeman car, what a difference a coat of blue paint makes! I know Ugly Duck suffered a fire of some sort. Saw it on a U2be vid today and it seems to be alive & well but it was being driven by Milk Dud, which really irritated me for some reason. :angry:

It was actually a 3rd car axeman had, he still has both black cars. JJ's new car is a procharged hemi setup similar to Scott Taylors track doe. JJ is good friends with the Kentucky crew thats probably why you seen milkman driving it. Axeman bought it to use as a starter car for his wife to drive, JJ is teaching her.

Edited by Scott8950

I hope Molly's not out of the picture. I didn't see her much if any at the 12-team race (I don't think her Dad raced there), and don't think I've seen her at the Cash Days bash yet. For several seasons she was almost literally JJ's shadow--if he was there, she was right at his side, learning the bidness and I think recording the bets and holding the money. 

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I hope Molly's not out of the picture. I didn't see her much if any at the 12-team race (I don't think her Dad raced there), and don't think I've seen her at the Cash Days bash yet. For several seasons she was almost literally JJ's shadow--if he was there, she was right at his side, learning the bidness and I think recording the bets and holding the money. 

She is attending college right now so not sure when or if she'll be back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:48 PM, Snake45 said:

I am REALLY enjoying the latest iteration, the 64-car Cash Days shootout.

Larry larson was very impressive monday night and Trish nailed disco dean on the light  and that was enough for her to just barely hold him off. That old chevelle was reeling her in bigtime, another 50 ft. and he woulda drove around her. It'll be intresting to see how this turns out because the losers bracket has some crazy fast cars in it .

Edited by Scott8950

33 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Larry larson was very impressive monday night and Trish nailed disco dean on the light  and that was enough for her to just barely hold him off. That old chevelle was reeling her in bigtime, another 50 ft. and he woulda drove around her. It'll be intresting to see how this turns out because the losers bracket has some crazy fast cars in it .

Yeah, IIRC, next week's loser bracket will have Chief, Daddy Dave, and Disco Dean among others in it. Mike Murillo, too? I forget. 

I've been done with Larry Larson since he started that fight with someone on NPK a couple years ago. About the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen. :angry:

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Yeah, IIRC, next week's loser bracket will have Chief, Daddy Dave, and Disco Dean among others in it. Mike Murillo, too? I forget. 

I've been done with Larry Larson since he started that fight with someone on NPK a couple years ago. About the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen. :angry:

Bobby ducote guessed the light on Larry and beat him, Larry was definitely not happy about that. I have a feeling the overall winner will come out of the losers bracket.

Edited by Scott8950

3 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Bobby ducote guessed the light on Larry and beat him, Larry was definitely not happy about that. 

Yah, that's who it was. But the REALLY poor sport aspect of it to me was, Larson went over and started throwing punches while still wearing his helmet, while the other guy had already removed his. Larson should have been thrown out of NPK for the rest of the season for that, if not for all time. I certainly wouldn't have invited him to the 64-car Cash Days. :angry:

3 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

the losers bracket has some crazy fast cars in it .

Just about all 64 of those cars are "crazy fast." I think any of them could beat any other of them at any given time. 

I think they're running about like 1968 or '69 nitro fuel funny cars, maybe even faster. That's just crazy fast, as you put it, for doorslammers! 

18 minutes ago, iBorg said:

What surprises me in this whole discussion is no one has mentioned the wrecks or how much it reminds them of professional wrestling.

You must have missed when I mentioned Birdman totalling his Firebird. 

It does not remind me of professional wrestling at all. Battlebots does once in a while (one team in particular, who are clearly doing it as a goof), but not the Street Outlaws. 

18 minutes ago, iBorg said:

What surprises me in this whole discussion is no one has mentioned the wrecks or how much it reminds them of professional wrestling.

These guys have over 200k invested in these cars it's always sad to see someone wreck them. I don't enjoy seeing the wrecks. Alot of smack talking is just for tv.