Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis models for 2021 !!!!

gbdolfans

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, Earl Marischal said:

Thanks for that.

I was hoping for an 'old school' front-engined rail. I'll give it a miss in that case.

steve

The rear engine dragster can be converted to a FE one with a little cutting. Made the one in the pic from such.

Monogram 1x32 Drag cars.jpg

Edited by magicmustang

On 12/27/2020 at 12:08 PM, Casey said:

I think it's a good idea to have a topic for discussing Atlantis' 2021 automotive-related releases: 

Sku Category Atlantis 2021 Releases Scale MSRP Release Date

H1244 Vehicles 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 1/25 $24.99 January
H1494 Vehicles Green Elephant Vega Funny Car 1/16 $49.99 February
H1486 Vehicles Jungle Jim Vega Funny Car 1/16 $49.99 February
M2004 Vehicles 1982 Chevy Camaro Route 32 1/32 $21.99 February
M2009 Vehicles 1971 Pontiac Firebird Route 32 1/32 $21.99 February
M2011 Vehicles 1969 Chevy Nova SS Route 32 1/32 $21.99 February

H1223 Vehicles Mooneyes Dragster 1/25 $26.99 April
H1260 Vehicles 1957 Chevy Nomad 1/25 $26.99 April
H1371 Vehicles 1957 Chevy Bel Air 1/25 $26.99 April
H1306 Figures Ed Big Daddy Roth Surfink N/A $21.99 April
M105 Figures Fred Flypogger as Flip Out Stanley Mouse N/A $21.99 April

M2401 Vehicles 1926 Mack Bulldog Log Hauler 1/24 $32.99 May

M7571 Vehicles Snap Tom Daniel Earthquake Vega Funny Car 1/32 $16.99 July
M8276 Vehicles Snap Tom Daniel Whiplash Camaro Funny Car 1/32 $16.99 July

H1440 Vehicles 1971 Jungle Jim Camaro Funny Car 1/25 $24.99 August
M104 Vehicles Fred Flypogger as Superfuzz Stanley Mouse N/A $21.99 August
M2204 Vehicles Son of Troublemaker Chevy El Camino Funny Car 1/24 $26.99 August
M5697 Vehicles Groovy Grader Tom Daniel 1/24 $26.99 August
M5698 Vehicles Unreal Roller Tom Daniel 1/24 $26.99 August

H1119 Vehicles Snap Jungle Jim Vega Funny Car 1/32 $16.99 September
H1120 Vehicles Snap American Rail Dragster 1/32 $16.99 September

H1200 Vehicles 1956 Cadillac Eldorado with Glass 1/32 $21.99 November
H1230 Vehicles 1956 Buick Riviera with Glass 1/32 $21.99 November
M1042 Vehicles Snap Pontiac Funny Car 1/32 $16.99 December

Casey, will the Mooneyes Dragster H1223 contain the complete "Parts Pack" trees or specific parts for the Mooneyes Dragster only.

Man I need The Roadster Chassis Speed equipment tree badly.

revell parts pack.jpg

Edited by magicmustang

No license issues with VW, Tom Daniels has made it clear on his website, FB and elsewhere on the interwebs that he feels he was burned by Revell/Monogram in the Hobbico bankruptcy and won't play nice going forward. My guess is whatever the Germans have in their tooling bank that has any connection to TD won't be seen for some time unless they maneuver around this issue. Hopefully Atlantis has enough serviceable Tom Daniels  tooling to keep us interested for a while. Maybe if we're really lucky the Germans could sell the remaining molds to Atlantis, provided there's any advantage to a deal like that. Although with some of the tooling probably still located in China there's that bag of worms to get around.

Edited by Phirewriter

I suspect Atlantis has decades worth of TD designed Monogram kits to reissue, so I'm not too worried.

IIRC, some of the TD stuff recently released by Hobbico era Revell is still stateside, and didn't go to Atlantis, so it seems possible things might change in the future. That "Daniel Intellectual Properties" was semi-recently created, so I'm sure things are set up for Kelly Daniel to carry on the business, regardless if which company is involved.

1 hour ago, Phirewriter said:

No license issues with VW, Tom Daniels has made it clear on his website, FB and elsewhere on the interwebs that he feels he was burned by Revell/Monogram in the Hobbico bankruptcy and won't play nice going forward. My guess is whatever the Germans have in their tooling bank that has any connection to TD won't be seen for some time unless they maneuver around this issue. Hopefully Atlantis has enough serviceable Tom Daniels  tooling to keep us interested for a while. Maybe if we're really lucky the Germans could sell the remaining molds to Atlantis, provided there's any advantage to a deal like that. Although with some of the tooling probably still located in China there's that bag of worms to get around.

You are correct about the TD part....I was mixing my VW licensing issue up!!!! Either way the tooling is in Revell/RoG hands and not Atlantis'.....for now!!!!

42 minutes ago, Casey said:

I suspect Atlantis has decades worth of TD designed Monogram kits to reissue, so I'm not too worried.

IIRC, some of the TD stuff recently released by Hobbico era Revell is still stateside, and didn't go to Atlantis, so it seems possible things might change in the future. That "Daniel Intellectual Properties" was semi-recently created, so I'm sure things are set up for Kelly Daniel to carry on the business, regardless if which company is involved.

I only like so many Tom Daniels kits and I don’t think so far if Atlantis has them. Thanks guys for the info...

7 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Casey, will the Mooneyes Dragster H1223 contain the complete "Parts Pack" trees or specific parts for the Mooneyes Dragster only.

All I've heard/read is it will be the Mooneyes Dragster. I think if both were to be reissued, Atlantis would stated that specifically.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

All I've heard/read is it will be the Mooneyes Dragster. I think if both were to be reissued, Atlantis would stated that specifically.

Pure speculation...it will probably include complete parts trees, as it would be a lot of hassle to block off individual parts on those trees.  

Only question will be if it includes the roadster chassis speed equipment parts pack as in the original double kit, or if they might find/include the dragster chassis speed equipment pack that was created specifically for use with the dragster frame.

Another question...will the JJ Vega kit include Revell sponsorship markings, as all of his cars from that period had?  The Camaro could be done without them as the earliest version didn't have them, but I don't remember seeing any of his Vegas without them...

12 minutes ago, slusher said:

Casey do you have a picture I can’t remember?

Here's the original(?) Revell box, but I'm not sure if the Mooneyes Dragster was ever released as a kit on its own or not:

RevellMooneyesBox.jpg.0efa4e83a00a6da40b521a94275a3dd5.jpg

Mooneyesframe.jpg.65c335935f7a5c17a7bd7c748dc38a22.jpg

I'm sure Atlantis will release images of the new box art once it's ready, as well as some built up/test shot images. They are very adept at keeping their potential customers in the loop and up to date regarding future releases.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Here's the original(?) Revell box, but I'm not sure if the Mooneyes Dragster was ever released as a kit on its own or not:

I don't believe it was ever released as a separate kit - just the double kit and the parts pack. Which came first?

I was able to score a builder double kit a few years back and by grabbing a few parts from the Attempt 1 and Tony Nancy dragster was able to build a decent replica, but glad to see this coming finally coming out again. It's one of the all-time iconic dragsters in my book.

Mooneyes LF 7

6 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I got an email from Atlantis the other day saying they were going to do a Tom McEwen  car and later this year do a 1/16 Grand AM Funny car !

Gotta be the U.S. Marines version, I would think? As Mark mentioned earlier, I don't think Atlantic could/would release anything with a Revell-sponsored paint scheme...that would be super awkward. 

Chuck Boerne is supplying the 1/16 decals for Atlantis, correct? He's already done the U.S Marines Grand Am decals in 1/16, so that would make sense. That little Revell logo on the rear quarter panel could be edited out .