Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis models for 2021 !!!!

gbdolfans

On 3/9/2021 at 11:58 AM, Mike999 said:

Buyers, be aware that Revell modified the hardtop kit at some point. 

The original kit in the big box (blue car below) had a vinyl top molded in, complete with seams and fine grain detail.  Nothing wrong with that.  A vinyl top was an option on the '59 Eldorado Seville hardtop, just a very rare one.  Revell removed the vinyl top in later issues, like the "Calif. Wheels" version shown below.

One more thing to beware of:  the hardtop kits in the later small boxes often have bent/broken top posts, because of cramming all that plastic into such a small box. I got one cheap at a Hobby Lobby because of that. 

59cad-1.jpg

59cad-2.jpeg

A quote from a 1959 Cadillac salesman manual. "From the smartly textured, vinyl-coated fabric covering its steel top, to its deep, looped-pile, nylon blend, Tangier quality carpeting, nothing has been overlooked in making the Eldorado Seville the world's most luxurious Coupe." So there is nothing rare about an Eldorado Seville with a vinyl roof. One with out a vinyl roof? That would be rare. The '59 Eldorado Seville was the only Caddy that year with a vinyl roof. It was not an option on any other model for '59. 

After watching hpiguy's great review on YouTube last night, I had to order Snoopy and his Sopwith Camel, and the Red Baron and his Fokker. A few people complain about how Round 2 does nothing but reissue old kits. Atlantis seems to do the same. Well, Round 2 and Atlantis seem to be getting quite a bit of my money on a regular basis. Now that I can afford to buy those kits I wanted as kid. So, I hope Round 2 and Atlantis keep going in the directions they are. 

New Kit Announcements:
H7172 1/24 'Tom McEwen '57 Chevy Funny Car

All the new car kits and others will be ready for preorder next week. Once the boxes and artwork are signed off that is when we list them for preorder on the website. This will happen this week.

H1494 Green Elephant 1/16
M2004 '82 Camaro 1/32
M2006 '69 Nova SS 1/32
H1244 '57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham in Dakota Red! 1/25

18 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

I wish they had reissued that '57 Caddy in almost any other color than red.

Why do they think that's a good idea?

Maybe...no real info....one of the most famous 57 Caddy is that red.....silver paint will fix it for any other color. 

Besides. Many older modelers (the target market for many Atlantis Kits), may be perfectly satisfied with the Red Colour.

And, those who aren't? Well, most of them will know how to fix the bleedthrough problems, and go along their merry way.

15 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Maybe...no real info....one of the most famous 57 Caddy is that red.....silver paint will fix it for any other color. 

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Besides. Many older modelers (the target market for many Atlantis Kits), may be perfectly satisfied with the Red Colour.

And, those who aren't? Well, most of them will know how to fix the bleedthrough problems, and go along their merry way.

Yea, OK.  Just stating my opinion.   😉

A long with my latest order from Atlantis, I got two of their 2021 catalogs. I thought it might be fun to show you the two pages dealing directly with their model car kits. Serval I plan on buying. 

The ones on these pages that will be getting my money are: 

1/25th scale '57 Chevy Nomad

1/25th scale Jungle Jim Camaro Funny Car 

1/32nd scale '56 Buick Riviera 

1/32nd scale '69 Chevy Nova SS

1/32nd scale '71 Pontiac (Trans Am) 

A maybe: 1/32nd scale Camaro Funny Car 

Other kits else were in the catalog I'm sure to get: 

1/300 scale SSN Nautilus Submarine 

1/96th scale "The Moonship" 

Snoopy and his Race Car

Snoopy is Joe Cool 

And possibly an odd one: 1/1200 scale US Navy Combat Fleet Set

Cool stuff! I love what Atlantis is doing. 

IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4420.JPG

Edited by unclescott58

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Peter Vetri & the "Atlantis Custom Car Parts Series"

That's a big hint, Boyz'n'Girlz that we may see a lot more plastic run through those old Parts Pack molds. It would be Awesome if this happens.  I can be patient a lot longer, knowing that Atlantis knows what kinds of Jewels they have in that lot of tooling they bought. The Revell Caddy does nothing, but some of the the other stuff! Blows my Mind!

On 4/4/2021 at 6:05 PM, slusher said:

Does Atlantis have that?

It does. In fact, it's one of the kits that's slated for release this year. It's been a sought after kit for years until Atlantis took ownership of the tooling for it that was among the batch that it bought back in 2018 from the new owners of Revell.

Edited by John M.