Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis models for 2021 !!!!

gbdolfans

1 hour ago, Rbray47 said:

Thanks!

I think I'll buy them when they're out. Looks like a fun change of pace.

Those two aren't snappers. They're quite nice little glue kits. There was a pair of each, along with a pair of Chargers.  There was a street machine and a stock (-ish?) version of each.

• 2 weeks later...
New updated Ship Dates:

Our next batch of kits to come up for Preorder soon will be:

1/24 Unreal Roller Late June
1/24 Groovy Grader Late June
1/24 '57 Tom McEwen Funny Car Late June
1/24 1926 Mack Bulldog Logging Truck July

On 5/15/2021 at 10:47 AM, Casey said:

Just pre-ordered the 1/16 Green Elephant Vega straight from Atlantis: https://atlantis-models.com/preorder-green-elephant-chevy-vega-funny-car-1-16-model-kit/

Just under $60 delivered...not to bad. 🐘 Don't be a fool like me and forget to use the discount code. 🙆‍♀️ USE COUPON CODE "SAVE10" AT CHECKOUT

Modelroundup shows it for $44 for pre-order, might have saved you a few bucks going that route.

17 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Modelroundup shows it for $44 for pre-order, might have saved you a few bucks going that route.

I won't be a pawn to Big Hobby! 😜 I don't mind paying a few dollars more and ordering directly from Atlantis. 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, Casey said:

1/16 Green Elephant is shipping Tuesday. Costs are rising on all raw materials. Please note the Green Elephant will be going to 64.99 MSRP Starting June 15th!

Thanks for the tip, Casey. Just ordered mine direct. Website says they’re starting to ship tomorrow (6/1). 

• 2 weeks later...

I've met Jack of Model Round-up......

He ain't big hobby.....a very small group of model guys that support the hobby via limited runs and supporting short runs that the big hobby guys have no interest.  Supporting Atlantis direct is good......but if you want a Atlantis kit, some Gofer decals and a AMT kit......Model Round-up or other small retailers, even local, is the way to go. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, espo said:

I picked up a Cadillac kit this weekend at a local model show and swap meet. As soon as I can get my model area back up and running this just moved to the front of the line to build. 

Is the body of the Cadillac multi piece or one piece?

4 hours ago, slusher said:

Is the body of the Cadillac multi piece or one piece?

The body has an upper and lower body parts and is split along a body trim line that should make it a little easier to hid. The box states that it's 1/25th scale but does seem a little on the small side. My interest in this mainly comes from seeing one as a youth. There was someone that had an office in town that I would sometimes walk past after school. The car was parked in a reserved parking spot and the stainless steel roof was something you couldn't miss. 

4 hours ago, Draggon said:

I just read my email from Atlantis. Old folks like myself might be interested in these two. Send them an email or a thumbs up on Facebook if you want them!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2Fc20d1efb101%2F92ebf9a1-2803-440a-84c5-1819ebb99e8b.jpg&t=1624117881&ymreqid=f3d35587-4860-0259-1ca0-850000016500&sig=oKjqwh29K6B4jrtjEV3Gvw--~D

This little guy has been on my Grail list for years! Now I might be able to get a new one for cheap! Nice!! 

Monogram Dragster | Model cars kits, Plastic model cars, Model kit

17 hours ago, espo said:

The body has an upper and lower body parts and is split along a body trim line that should make it a little easier to hid. The box states that it's 1/25th scale but does seem a little on the small side. My interest in this mainly comes from seeing one as a youth. There was someone that had an office in town that I would sometimes walk past after school. The car was parked in a reserved parking spot and the stainless steel roof was something you couldn't miss. 

Thank you David. I noticed so many cars on my walks to and from school and still see them in my memory..

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Thank you David. I noticed so many cars on my walks to and from school and still see them in my memory..

This was one of those that never leaves the memory of a car crazy youth such as my self. Glad to see I'm not alone with this affliction. 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:55 AM, Draggon said:

I just read my email from Atlantis. Old folks like myself might be interested in these two. Send them an email or a thumbs up on Facebook if you want them!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2Fc20d1efb101%2Fd1a92049-5f69-495f-a015-db7284f42db8.jpg&t=1624117881&ymreqid=f3d35587-4860-0259-1ca0-850000016500&sig=IcGU.Kp_P6CIEJvtyZm37w--~Dmail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2Fc20d1efb101%2F92ebf9a1-2803-440a-84c5-1819ebb99e8b.jpg&t=1624117881&ymreqid=f3d35587-4860-0259-1ca0-850000016500&sig=oKjqwh29K6B4jrtjEV3Gvw--~D

I’d take both of those!  What scale is the midget racer?  Anyone know?

11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I’d take both of those!  What scale is the midget racer?  Anyone know?

I'm pretty sure it's 1/24th. Not positive if the scale is accurate because it was also a slot car and the dimensions may have been fudged to make room for the motor and brass frame. 

With that midget, I wonder if Old Revell might have been smarter to just tool up a set of tires, a windscreen, and a trailer for this one as opposed to the all-new kit that they did, many of which wound up on closeout store shelves.  There are a bunch of people who bought multiple copies of the new kit, but apparently not enough of them.