Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis models for 2021 !!!!

gbdolfans

On 9/15/2021 at 5:41 AM, CabDriver said:

What were you expecting to be disappointing about it? 

Unrelated, and maybe covered already, but spotted that Atlantis is selling their 1/16th drag tires as stand-alone parts, for those of you who have reason to stock up on those...

https://atlantis-models.com/funny-car-tires-only-1-16-scale/

They've also got some individual glass sets for some of their kits available - would be cool if they started offering some of their most desirable parts individually!

I mostly worry about ugly/ incorrect style tires, since I've heard some complaints about the 1/16 vega ones 

Worst case: the Atlantis parts pack based kits will be a parts gold mine. 

Best case: they'll plate all of the parts that were just silver plastic first time around, include an extra pack or two for optional parts, include bigger decal sheets, and so on...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hondamatic said:

I mostly worry about ugly/ incorrect style tires, since I've heard some complaints about the 1/16 vega ones 

People have complained about the front tires, but it is the rear tires that matter the most since they are the ones that fall apart in the original kits. 

The Front Funny Car tires are decently sturdy, but the front Dragster tires are also on the brittle side when they get old. Both of these can be dealt with by using O Rings for the dragsters and other kit tires for the front. It is the slicks that matter the most here as both Dragsters and Funny Cars used the same ones. 

And from what I have seen, these slicks are pretty good. Sure, more correct resin ones are out there, but they are more than $10 bucks a set. 

Edited by Daddyfink

On 9/11/2021 at 2:31 PM, Casey said:

"H1440 Jungle Jim Camaro -- Tooling was updated. Restored Hemi Engine and back wheels were resized. New rubber slicks and front tires. Kit also also includes optional ford engine. Updated decals and new box art."

I'm trying to find something nice to say about this kit, but, words fail me. 🤐😬

241811818_4387402101339956_7335007518453517343_n.jpg.d3825c3d1740908d6b7393594f3e65d9.jpg241811818_4387402101339956_7335007518453517343_n.jpg.d3825c3d1740908d6b7393594f3e65d9.jpg

Everybody hates this kit. Being that it was one the first Funny Cars I build back in the day (the Mean Maverick may have been the actual first Funny Car for me). I have fond feeling for it. And am look forward to it coming back. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Everybody hates this kit. Being that it was one the first Funny Cars I build back in the day (the Mean Maverick may have been the actual first Funny Car for me). I have fond feeling for it. And am look forward to it coming back. 

As a kid...ignorance is bliss.  I built this kit and the Maverick, which today I can see are poorly done......but now I look back at how much fun I had building these 'bad' kits. 

• Like 1

Was the Boss Mustang funny car modified from Revell's 1969 Mustang Coupe mold?  I've never seen the coupe kit in real life and the funny car has some coupe lines to it.   The lack of a 67-68 and 69-70 coupe is a HUGE hole in any Mustang collection.

Edited by The Junkman

2 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Was the Boss Mustang funny car modified from Revell's 1969 Mustang Coupe mold?  I've never seen the coupe kit in real life and the funny car has some coupe lines to it.   The lack of a 67-68 and 69-70 coupe is a HUGE hole in any Mustang collection.

Yes, it was.  

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

My buddy whom manages the local Pup-N-Taco won't be happy with that news ! 

Yum.....Pup-n-Taco.......

I'm old enough to remember when I think on WED they had a mix and match 10 for $1 dog or taco special. We had one in La Palma......drive through A frame building!

• Like 1