Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Superbird McMonte

Found an aesthetically pleasing blue for MOPAR engines. TS-41 Coral Blue.

Recommended Posts

I saw someone post pictures of a 1969 Charger with then engine painted this color. Regrettably, I didn’t write down his name. But it was the best representation of MOPAR engine blue I had seen yet. It’s Tamiya TS-41 Now I have to build a couple more Chargers!?


 

AD1BE740-B424-4478-82FB-629B7BB23D6C.thumb.jpeg.e858705ae2010c36d4bb916118eda069.jpeg
 

CBB489F4-7E1E-4A48-8C83-0F9148C8433C.thumb.jpeg.35f2c8a2f1d11b4a9c30287ac2dd5203.jpeg

Edited by Superbird McMonte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Superbird McMonte said:

I saw someone post pictures of a 1969 Charger with then engine painted this color. Regrettably, I didn’t write down his name. But it was the best representation of MOPAR engine blue I had seen yet. It’s Tamiya TS-41 Now I have to build a couple more Chargers!?


 

AD1BE740-B424-4478-82FB-629B7BB23D6C.thumb.jpeg.e858705ae2010c36d4bb916118eda069.jpeg
 

CBB489F4-7E1E-4A48-8C83-0F9148C8433C.thumb.jpeg.35f2c8a2f1d11b4a9c30287ac2dd5203.jpeg

If you want correct engine paint go to a Mopar dealer and order a bomb of it..One bomb will last you a lidetime..BTW the bottom of the bellhousing is the same color as the rest..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a close match to Chrysler Engine Turquoise (last used in the 1968 model year ) . There's at least two different shades of Chrysler Engine Blue ( 1971 & earlier ; 1972 & later , with late-production 1971 340's being painted the 1972 & up shade ) . 

Cool discovery !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

BTW the bottom of the bellhousing is the same color as the rest..

 

What was I thinking? GM automatic maybe. That’s what happens when late night modeling I guess! Thanks for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

I saw someone post pictures of a 1969 Charger with then engine painted this color. Regrettably, I didn’t write down his name. But it was the best representation of MOPAR engine blue I had seen yet. It’s Tamiya TS-41 Now I have to build a couple more Chargers!?


 

TS-41 is what I used on mine with just a touch of white added. The spray bomb from Mopar sounds like a deal if you do a lot of Mopars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 1:18 AM, moparfarmer said:

.BTW the bottom of the bellhousing is the same color as the rest..

 

Not on a 4 spd car. The inspection cover is black just like the one in his pic. And the trans pan on an auto is steel, different color from the aluminum case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Superbird McMonte said:

What was I thinking? GM automatic maybe. That’s what happens when late night modeling I guess! Thanks for the heads up!

Not on a 4 spd car. The inspection cover is black just like the one in the pic. And the trans pan on an auto is steel, different color from the aluminum case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...