Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1969 Super Bee Six Pak in mid-year Code F6 Bright Green Metallic

tim boyd

The Six Pak, as most of you know, was a mid-year addition to the Coronet Super Bee series, as was the new  Dodge Code F6 Bright Green Metallic, which was only available during the spring/summer 1969 production cycle on Dodge Coronets, Chargers, and Darts (please note - the Rallye Green on mid-year 1969 Plymouths was an entirely different color - lots of misinformation out there on this subject!)

This Monogram model replicates the car, and MCW Automotive Finishes replicates the paint color. I added a vinyl roof and "Day Two" Keystone Klassic (formerly "Kustomag") wheels with the big'n'bigger Revell 1932 Ford Street Rod Kit series tires and lthe valve covers in the "Day Two" plated form they were found in the kit. The engine compartment was wired; note the factory dual rain drains on the air cleaner pan.  N

This model was built in the mid 1990's if memory serves correctly,  before detailed documentation of correct B-Body chassis/underbody finishes became widely available to model builders.  

Thanks for looking, and Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all!  Cheers, TIM 

DSC 1209

DSC 1211

DSC 1212

Note that the paint detailing on the underbody shown in the photo below is not even close to being factory correct.....

DSC 1213

DSC 1214

DSC 1215

DSC 1210

8 hours ago, tim boyd said:

(please note - the Rallye Green on mid-year 1969 Plymouths was an entirely different color - lots of misinformation out there on this subject!)

I'm guilty of exactly this ! Not on purpose , of course --- I just forget sometimes ( '999' Special Order vs. [E] F6 ) . IIRC , the Plymouth shade is the same as Chevrolet's Rallye Green The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1969 Paint Chip Charts Slideshow (hamtramck-historical.com) .

Never-the-less.. gorgeous WM23M9A ! The addition of the 'rain drains' on the air cleaner base is a nice , oft-overlooked touch .

Thanks for sharing , Tim !

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I'm guilty of exactly this ! Not on purpose , of course --- I just forget sometimes ( '999' Special Order vs. [E] F6 ) . IIRC , the Plymouth shade is the same as Chevrolet's Rallye Green The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1969 Paint Chip Charts Slideshow (hamtramck-historical.com) .

Never-the-less.. gorgeous WM23M9A ! The addition of the 'rain drains' on the air cleaner base is a nice , oft-overlooked touch .

Thanks for sharing , Tim !

In case anyone doubts John on the 1969 1/2 Plymouth and 1968 1/2 through 1969 Chevrolet Green being the same color, according to my reference sources those two paint listings carried exactly the same Dupont paint source mix code....yet another fascinating factoid of the muscle car era!   TIM

More images below, just shot in my photo studio, with better lighting and more accurately portraying the actual F6 Bright Green Metallic color. 

Also, a few comparo photos showing the difference between Dodge 1969 1/2 code  (E)F6 Bright Green Metallic and the Plymouth 1969 1/2 code 999 Rallye Green Metallic, which was also the exact same color (with the exact same Dupont mix code) as 1968 1/2 and 1969 Chevy code 79 Rallye Green Metallic. 

And thanks for all the positive comments, folks.  Very much appreciated.....TIM 

DSC 0379

DSC 0372

DSC 0373

DSC 0374

DSC 0375

DSC 0376

DSC 0377

Love it! I remember seeing it in the Mopar colors article back in the day. My buddy has the 1:1 in his shop, awaiting resto. His A12 is also F6. His uncle purchased it new. I sent him a pic from your post and told him to get wrenchin’ ???

13 minutes ago, Hmann68 said:

Love it! I remember seeing it in the Mopar colors article back in the day. My buddy has the 1:1 in his shop, awaiting resto. His A12 is also F6. His uncle purchased it new. I sent him a pic from your post and told him to get wrenchin’ ???

Chris...now that 1.1 is a truly rare dog.  You're absolutely right, that bad boy has got to be brought back!  The fact that it is still in the same family (broadly speaking) is even cooler.  Cheers....TIM