Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 scale Maverick funny car

Fantom

Recently won this on E-bay. I’ve looked for a complete car for a long time that was not crazy expensive.This one is complete except for the foot pedal and open chute,and a couple small parts, enough to build a complete car  . If your not familiar, it’s a 1:12 scale Mean Maverick funny car from Monogram, circa early 70s. The electric motor was supposed to raise and lower the body. It’s actually in really nice shape, no major glue mistakes. My plan is rebuild, add some detail, and a nice paint job. I’m hoping Whoopie Kat decals opens back up so I can get a set of replacement decals.

1606602502401-vi.jpg

1606602604938-vi.jpg

1606602514803-vi.jpg

1606602520710-vi.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

If anyone has the tooling it may be ATLANTIS as they bought all tooling in storage in ILL. 

Yes,,,I'd buy @!!!   Me about 1973

memm.JPG

I have no idea why I have Mobius on the brain. I should have correctly stated Atlantis! Thanks for the reminder, and how did the motorized part work? Ok or glitchy?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

fingerrubbers , send a PM ( personal message) to DAVE Van . he will answer you and give you a quote. You have to sign in to do this. then click on his icon . that will bring up his profile. then click on message. fill out the message and hit send. then wait for his reply! I think Woopie Kat is out of the business.? Can someone please confirm this?

Edited by paul alflen

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Fantom said:

Well…I can’t seem to get that link to work 

you will have to go to Face book and log on from there . or wait till Chuck has them on E Bay you can contact him there too .

Edited by Mr mopar

4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Not to try and derail others..........

But my PENNGWEN line of decals offers 1/25 and 1/12 MM decals. Mine are not printed with a colored background. My whites are printed. 

My 1/25 version

madmav2.JPG

They are Great decals Dave ….I purchased a couple sets from you….love them👍

• Like 1